Eibach springs are now available

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called Eibach last week and they were still in R&D. Today was told they are ready, but only drop the car about one inch. Price is around 375.00 for the set. Would have liked to have about a two inch drop. Can anyone tell me if the lowering spring caps can work with aftermarket springs and what would the drop be? John BTW--tommorrow is dyno day for the new exhaust, hoping for 500hp at the wheels.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bandit,

A 2-inch drop puts the car almost on the ground and very difficult to drive on the street. Never mind the poor handling it will cause.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had motons installed which we set the car an inch lower. I still can not believe the difference an inch makes. Love it and couldnt imagine it any lower. Handles great and no rubbing.

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a different note---what's the difference between ohhh and ahhhhhhh---- about an inch!! Thanks to all-- the Eibachs it'll be. John

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First run was a slight improvement over stock. We let the engine cool and ran again. Using a Dyno Jet dyno. Pure stock--451.7 HP and 492.4 TQ Bellanger headers, no cats and three inch pipes ( no tune work ), 472.4 HP and 508.6 TQ. Not as much as I hoped for but it is going in the right direction. Installing an A/F connection and will dyno again to get that ratio. I believe it's running too lean or needs some back pressure to improve. We'll see. John

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I install these springs on an otherwise stock suspension, I will see a 1" drop... is this correct? Any impact on handling and/or ride quality? Would the car need a new alignment?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have been looking for a low cost way to drop the car a bit. I am running 18" wheels and hate the huge gap this creates but just can't spend the money for Motons right now.

Thanks for any input you may have.

GR8SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I install these springs on an otherwise stock suspension, I will see a 1" drop... is this correct? Any impact on handling and/or ride quality? Would the car need a new alignment?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have been looking for a low cost way to drop the car a bit. I am running 18" wheels and hate the huge gap this creates but just can't spend the money for Motons right now.

Thanks for any input you may have.

You will need a alignment on all 4 wheels with new springs.

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought any drop over the amount of the spring caps required new shocks to keep the stock ones from bottoming out ??????? If you drop the car the 1" with the Eibach Springs, will you have problems with the stock shocks ???? If it can be done I'm going to order the Eibach Springs. It seems that there are a lot of trailer queens out there that are riding on a $5000 moton set-up just to drop the car 1"-1 1/2".:dunno:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was skeptical about the Moton set up and reasons for changing from a good stock set up, especially for $5000. But I finally decided to do it after reading all the praise from current Moton owns and talking with Mark Jorgenson from Woodhouse.

All i can say is the suspension is well worth the price, especially with a lighter wheel and tire combo. Love the ability to completely adjust the ride and height. Ride is not as jarring, traction seems better and handling feels more crisp.

It is not cheap by any means, but if you have the money you will be very satisfied.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just bought some eibach springs and jon b's lowering caps. will install next week and will let you guys know how it goes. that should give me a 1.25" drop which should be enough.