electric exhaust cutouts

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the issue would be, where do you actually put the cutout? I've looked into it before, but its very difficult/impossible to fit cutouts in such a tight area between the header and cat converter. JD's setup is very custom, don't forget that. Also, forget retaining the flex pipe. There is not a lot of room to work with and you would have to mount it downstream from the primary 02s. Unless you have your own equipment (welder, etc) I see this as being a pretty costly project for someone to fabricate for you.

Edit:

I just looked at the link. What's the point of simply bypassing the rear section like that. Cost of fabrication and parts would be getting close to a Snake Oyl rear system, and I doubt it sounds very good. Plus there would be almost no HP gain. Dumping before the Cats would be the ideal solution, but like I said it is very difficult to do.

Last edited:
D

DAMN YANKEE

All I ever read about these units is how ********** the owners are that after 6 months the gates dont close...or open fully anymore and how they wish they never did it.

OP
OP
J

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not considering doing this to my Viper, just looked interesting and I know there have been several threads on people asking about this. This was the first time I have actually seen one in operation. I followed the link from the video to an company at rolloutedition.com who sells these cutouts ($475). This is from a company which sells LED license plates and "lambo" doors....

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hrmm, well I would only need cutouts for the trifecta!

:leave:

There are many types of cutouts, electric and mechanical.QTEC makes one of the more popular electric ones. A buddy of mine had a mechanical (moroso) one on his Firebird, it made the car sound mean as **** (in a good way). On a viper, it would be tough unless you wanted to hack up a nice set of expensive pipes. The flexe pipe is in the ideal spot to mount one.

Here's a picture of one:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: