Electrical Question

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone on this site can help me?

My driver door won't open, but the passenger door will. I can still use the emergency handle to get in and out. Is it a fuse? are booth doors on the same fuse? or is it a loose wire/bad connection?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Kevin

OP
OP
N

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah the viper is a 2001 rt-10, also the little orange light on the passenger side works but the drivers side doesn't?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a fuse i don't think they are the same fuse its either that or the wiring but try the fuse first its cheaper

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kevin- Broken wire in driver door wiring harness. I can get a new harness for you if you want, and install. (approx 2 Hr. install)

PS- do not try to repair it. Mine did the SAME thing. 3 repairs later, I just replaced it. (different wires being repaired mind you...when one goes it is a sign of things to come in most cases)

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin- Broken wire in driver door wiring harness. I can get a new harness for you if you want, and install. (approx 2 Hr. install)

Daniel,

Out of curiosity, what makes the wire break so early? Is it the design, or placement of the wiring harness.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
STUGOTS- if it was a fuse, neither door would work- inside or out.

PICFLIGHT- HORRIBLE design is to blame for this problem. Dodge uses TWENTY gauge wire in the door jambs, and expects them to hold up to constant flexing...? They must be nuts. (reference: 20 gauge wire is about the diameter of standard electrical solder! THAT small!) On top of that, there is one section in particular that gets flexed almost to 180 degrees- that is where it always breaks. When I install new ones, I reinforce them in an attempt to extend their life. Havent had one returned yet :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte