Elites Hood and diffuser: Scott said it was perfect, What BS

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

Here are the shots of the hood, and diffuser that Scott promised me was perfect, and the piece of crap crate he sent it in.

There are pits, scratches, paint missing in the naca duct, the worst looking seams under the hood, 2 air bubbles in the eye brows where the seams are coming apart, and the crate, he used fence material and 2x4;s that were coming apart.

I was promised the hood was perfect, this is after almost 2 months waiting for it (he promised me 3 weeks).

Then after I called him about the paint job, he said: (From his email)

Also remember your package price was 7900.we retail our hoods at 5900 non VCA and 5300 VCA member Diffuser 2300 non and 2k VCA member <font color="blue"> </font> .I do realize that we made you a special package price which brought the painting to $900.

What kind of BS rationalization is that, Sorry, you get a crappy paint job because I gave you a good price,, SCOTT,, WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT!

Well after all this He PROMISED me a new hood and diffuser, Guess what,, no calls, no email, nothing,, So,, at this point,, I give up,, I am going to send my hood to autoform and get a GTS R insert put in,,

A lot less, and a I know it will get done by a pro,, not a hack who copies everyone else's products. Oh, by the way,, Scott, I heard about your autoform experience, man, does it ever stop..

Well here are the pics,,

177cooper1-med.jpg

177cooper2-med.jpg

177cooper3-med.jpg

177cooper4-med.jpg

177cooper5-med.jpg

177cooper6-med.jpg

177cooper7-med.jpg

177cooper8-med.jpg

177cooper9-med.jpg

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL.....but seriously, am I looking at it wrong? I have seen better paint jobs from Maaco...on sale...Amassador even...ouch man, that paintjob *****. And the streaks in the paint. I don't know who at Scott's place did this but they **** royal ass.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ever notice that elite sounds a lot like delete? As in "this business is abou to delete"...

i'm sorry that you too have been wronged.

JD

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I say is not false,, come on have you been reading the other post from Lou ,, look up my other posts where I am trying to contact him and one where he lied about shipping a hood,, This guy is a crook, I am one of the luck one's, I used a credit card and got my money back,,

I have talk to Lou a few times and same M.O as Lou experianced..

What a way to treat the Viper community, I hope every one will read this and all the posts, and never buy from him or trust him again!

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see,, The fireman excuse, the family issue, the moons are not aligned,, you name it,, oh ya,, we used a different painter becuase the one we always use is refurbing his shop,,,

Mark

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, I got my money,, do not care what happens, after the way he treated and lied to me. He should pay me for my time and effort and gas money I used to take the hood to a professional painter (who said it was the worst paint job he has seen from a PRO) and time off of work and phone calls and hours I spent emailing him. It was one BS lie after another, and I really wanted to believe them, NEVER AGAIN,,

All, take this as a warning, search for the posts, and even go to the other forum Viper Al**, and search,, A whole bunch of other satisfied customers,, NOT!

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sure put a lot into the crate,, You really have to wonder what mechanical background you have to have to build a create like that.

When I was 5 put together better lincoln log homes.

Mark

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
"Thats not good"

An expensive hood like that should be shipped in a sturdy crate framed with 2x6s, with 2x4s used maybe only for stringers. You gotta expect its gonna get jostled around a bunch during shipping. What if someone steps on it? Those boards look like maybe 3/8s of an inch thick. If someone stepped on them, their foot would go right through. Then what? Initiate a lengthy and frustrating claims procedure with the shipper? Better to ship it in a bulletproof crate, and avoid the risk of damage to the product as much as possible. Cover the hood in felt or similar soft padding, wrap in plastic to keep out moisture, fit hood at close intervals in carved 2x6 members that are shaped to the hood's curves and protected with more padding to avoid scuffing, encase all in a sturdy frame, and box the whole thing in with 5/8s marine plywood. It'd be an expensive crate, for shipping weight, labor and materials, but hey, we're shipping expensive stuff here, not lawn chairs.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. My 12 year old daughter can paint better than that. I would be embarassed as a business owner to even allow such a product to be shipped.
:(

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought his hood also. I think Scott's a nice guy and all, but I'm very dissapointed in the quality of the hood. Mine's already orange peeled and nearly all the vents aren't even what it looks like finished (molding process?)
Very flimsy and looks like it will damage if you're not careful. I've already closed my hood and had hand in the wrong place and sounded like styrofoam cracking and stressing.. :mad:

I'd highly not recommend the hood to anyone. Although from far away it looks decent.

I wish I had my old hood back, but that's another story... :(

Gerald

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, sorry to hear about your repeated Viper purchase problems, first Hennesseyy and then this.

Gerald, I didn't know you had hood issues too, too bad you already sold your hold :(

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,, I must have a target on my back,, Gerald,, I feel your pain, I was just about to sell my hood, and I am so glad I did not.

After all of these posts, no emails, no calls from Scott,, Elite is such a class outfit, I hope the word spreads, because I will tell anyone who will listed about this.

I will only tell the facts and back it with emails from Scott and pics.

Mark

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, maybe the VCA will try to help you out also. I read that they are trying to help Lou.

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Frank,,

At this point,, It is a great thought, but I do not want to have any more contact with them, I was burned more than once with them, way to many lies, and excuses.

BTW,, long time no talk,, hope all is good,,

Mark

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That lloks like [******]! I can't believe a shop would actually ship that out and expect you to put it on a Viper!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

It's hard to believe that was sold to you as "perfect." But then again, it shouldn't come as a surprise. That paint job is horrible. It looks like it was a take-off from another Viper then repainted using cans of Krylon. I'd be embarrased to send that out with my name attached to it.

You're also right about the crating material. Sure looks like old fencing material. You can see the dog-earred ends of the slats.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought his hood also. I think Scott's a nice guy and all, but I'm very dissapointed in the quality of the hood. Mine's already orange peeled and nearly all the vents aren't even what it looks like finished (molding process?)
Very flimsy and looks like it will damage if you're not careful. I've already closed my hood and had hand in the wrong place and sounded like styrofoam cracking and stressing.. :mad:

I'd highly not recommend the hood to anyone. Although from far away it looks decent.

I wish I had my old hood back, but that's another story... :(

Gerald

Gerald,
At one point I was considering an Elite hood (glad I didn't get one!). I asked Scott what he would give me for my stock hood, and he said he "had so many stock hoods he doesn't know what to do with them". Maybe you can get one from him (or does he have yours)? At least you are in the same state!
Worth a try, maybe...

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering purchasing a Subaru WRX a few years ago but decided not to because of the horrible orange peel in the paint on ALL of them. The thing is, it wasn't nearly as bad as what I see in those pictures. Is this the "louvered hood" that everyone was so excited about a few months back?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4