Email Scam Alert via VCA Classifieds

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that others have received the same via a response from their classified ad but if not, or you get it otherwise, do not fall for the scam. By now everyone should be aware of these types of scams! Here is what I got via email:

"[email protected]
Abidjan Cote d'ivoire
West Africa .
EMAIL [email protected]
Introduction

My Dear,

Please do reply me through my private mail box above and also send me your direct E-mail to reach you .

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I intend to establish in your country. Though I have not met with you before but I believe, one has to risk confiding in succeed sometimes in life. There is this huge amount of eight million U.S dollars($8,000,000.00) which my late Father kept for me with a Fiduciary Fund Holder in Abidjan before he was assasinated by the Rebels persons during this war in Cote d'ivoire.

Now I have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons. I want you to help me claim and retrieve this fund from the Fiduciary Fund Holders and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:

1) Telecommunication
2) The Transport Industry
3) Five Star Hotel
4) Real Estate Management

If you can be of an assistance to me I will be pleased to offer to you 15% of the total fund for your assistance to me.

I await your soonest response.

Respectfully yours,
Miss. joy Milan"

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I get those all the time in my email even though I have a spam killer program installed. I wish I could find a way to filter them all out. Thanks for the tip off.

Robbie

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!! Whew, I ALMOST fell for that one!!! What tipped you off that it was a scam???? I've got to be a LOT MORE CAREFUL with my hard earned money!! I'm glad I bought the Brooklyn Bridge instead!!!!

DrDJ