emergency brake leather handle removal on rt-10 ?

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to search and did not find what I needed?

I have a 94 and I am replacing the gear shifter boot with a new one with red stiching.
I am also redoing the emergency brake boot.
How do you remove the brake / leather handle with button so I can make it match ?

Thanks for any help.

Craig

OP
OP
U

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. :) I am trying to get just the handle off that has the leather wrap around . I do not think its possible with out cutting it off. I am trying to have it have red threading instead of black ? It looks like it is a one piece unit. Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I couldn't offer hands on info...but I just haven't had to remove that handle...yet !! Tom Sessions may have a suggestion or two...will ask him.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hair dryer. Heat it.

Not a heat gun... hair dryer. There's glue under there. Soften it.

Dave- you sure? I have tried to get these damn things off plenty of times. They are always "loose" almost like they are being held on with a clip or pin of some type internally. I have not tried to force one off and actually find out though.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I'm sure about Dan, is that if the world ends this year like some say it will, I'll have plenty of beer on hand for the ride :beer:

Regarding the handle, if the heat doesn't work, they you'll have a warm handle. Not so bad in the terrible mean world we live in, to have a warm handle to hold :)

Honestly though, that info about heating to remove is second hand info from someone who knows his stuff. If for some reason it doesn't work, refer to the warm handle info above :D

BTW, If it is pinned some how, it's probably by a seam. Take a sharp tool and carefully poke around in there. You might find it, expecting that after the pin was driven in they moved the leather over to cover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper