Emergency please help. Alarm issue

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am out of town with one remote. I have the alarm set and will not disarm, tried changing the battery in the remote, that didn't help. I can enter the car with the key but the alarm sounds and the car immediately shuts off. The car got rained on last night, could that have any effect?

Stranded.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am out of town with one remote. I have the alarm set and will not disarm, tried changing the battery in the remote, that didn't help. I can enter the car with the key but the alarm sounds and the car immediately shuts off. The car got rained on last night, could that have any effect?

Stranded.
On my 96 gts the manual says hold both buttons down on transmitter for 5 seconds until horn chirps to reset it. Not sure about yours, good luck!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are my hero. Thank you so very much. I said before what a great club this is and what a great group of people this is I can't express enough how happy I am with this club and its members.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my '99, I had a similar situation and it turned out to be a symptom of a weak car battery.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gals & Guys...as you might guess, we can't give any "alarm defeat" specifics here in a public forum for what should be obvious reasons. Take no offense please. If you have a Gen I or II and are in a similar situation, just call me. In my experience, written instructions are too easily passed around..and, therefore can fall into questionable hands.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gals & Guys...as you might guess, we can't give any "alarm defeat" specifics here in a public forum for what should be obvious reasons. Take no offense please. If you have a Gen I or II and are in a similar situation, just call me. In my experience, written instructions are too easily passed around..and, therefore can fall into questionable hands.

thats clearly understandable…..but still no pics from Steve:crazy2:

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't take any good pics. Go on Facebook to : Cruisin Ocean City. Lots of good pictures there.