Encounter with Z06

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend called me yesterday to tell me he had posession of a brand new Z06 for the weekend. He asked me if I wanted to check it out and of course I was pumped. I drove my Viper to work and around 11 0'clock he calls me that he is out front. I open the door and he is sitting in a brand new yellow Z06. At this point he nails it and starts tearing down the street to show what she's got. What a beast is all I can say.
He came back to let me drive it and I let him drive my viper. The car is quiet until you get to about 3500 and then it roars. The brakes are amazing too. It has a lot of techno stuff like heads up display, and keyless entry and driving. We did a very short race but I spun my tires for about 20 feet and naturally lost. Everyone that works for ma came out to watch. But- guess what they all said when he left- They would rather be driving my viper :headbang:
Gary
Here is a pic of the car
You must be registered for see images

Here is a lousy pic of my car

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How exactly does one get possesion of a brand new car only for a weekend? Is it titled yet?

If it was from a dealer, let us know which one, so we can avoid them!

Anyhoo- It was a fun story!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love your silver/gray acr, so beautiful

your friend is gona be mad when 15 other guys have a yellow z06 in your town

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It goes something like this- He owns a lot where the car is placed after it is picked up from the dealer and is waitng to be trailered to it's owner.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It goes something like this- He owns a lot where the car is placed after it is picked up from the dealer and is waitng to be trailered to it's owner.

Damn I woop him if I found out it was my car.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine just picked up a yellow one in Texas a few days ago and drove it back to Denver. Since he drag raced my Viper a few times I get to take the Z06 out for a spin or two. I'll give my impressions of course.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You both deserved to be strung up by the **** for doing that with someone else's car. Next thing you know you guys will be slipping the poor guy's wife a rufie. :(

Comments about story from another car-related forum:

Link to Audiworld Post

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You both deserved to be strung up by the **** for doing that with someone else's car. Next thing you know you guys will be slipping the poor guy's wife a rufie. :(

Comments about story from another car-related forum:

Link to Audiworld Post

that cant be good, I would be exptremely upset if that was my new zo6, being treated like that.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not normally one to jump into the ring on posts like this, but I have to agree with Phoenix. What your friend did (and you participated in) was highly unethical if not borderline criminal. Put yourself in the shoes of the guy who owns that $75,000 Vette you two are out ass-clowning around in. I'd be hunting someone down and kickin somebody's ass. Total horse-[******]. I hope the moderators delete this thread, as this reflects poorly on the VCA.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if you had a chance to take the car for a spin you would have said no thanks. Believe me, if I was responsible for the car there is no way I would be driving someone elses car around like that. I didn't know the whole story until he told me when we pulled into his lot. All I knew upfront was that he had the car for the weekend. I knew it wasn't his but I thought someone lent it to him for a few days. Don't start preaching this holier than thou s**t.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I guess if you had a chance to take the car for a ride you would have said no thanks.

YOU probably won't believe this, however, you're right. I would have said no. I respect other people's property like I expect them to respect mine. What you and your friend did amounts to nothing less than vandalism and is probably worse since there is for now no evidence of damage to the engine. I can't believe the new owner is not going to question the mileage on HIS NEW car. I would refuse to take delivery and demand my money back. :curse:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if you had a chance to take the car for a spin you would have said no thanks. Believe me, if I was responsible for the car there is no way I would be driving someone elses car around like that. I didn't know the whole story until he told me when we pulled into his lot. All I knew upfront was that he had the car for the weekend. I knew it wasn't his but I thought someone lent it to him for a few days. Don't start preaching this holier than thou s**t.

Had I known how the car was 'acquired', you're damn right I would have declined the ride. If I were that Vette owner, I can't describe how ********** I would be to know that someone had done this with my car. As such, I would never do that to them. I guess my astonishment is more directed at your buddy than you, as he is ultimately the one responsible for someone elses car.

Call it holier than thou if you want, I call it basic respect for someone elses very expensive car. Perhaps you should review the responses to the "my brother in law took my car for a joy-ride" thread. And that guy was FAMILY!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend called me yesterday to tell me he had posession of a brand new Z06 for the weekend.

Sounds like this guy thinks the lot he holds cars on for shipping purposes is his own personal playground. This wasn't even a joyride, it was an extended and unauthorized test drive. I bet the dealerships this guy does business with will find out and cancel their contracts. Maybe lose his license, if there is such a thing.

Well, whatever, it's not like they are ever going to figure out who the guy was. Oh, wait a minute, there's always this stellar piece of evidence...

:p

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story...you really didn't lose because Vettes are everywhere. I count them every time I take an afternoon cruise in the Viper. And, basically, I stop counting after ten. In contrast, I never see another Viper unless I'm cruising with one. No doubt the new Vettes are nice and offer a lot of stuff. But, I'll never give up my Viper--it's one of a kind. Speaking of which, your ACR is fantastic--that is a great color combo.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be pissed if I was the new owner of the C6 Z06

Vette, Viper, doesn't matter-I wouldn't want anyone joy-riding my car before it was delivered to me-JMHO

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow...what a bunch of girlie men. Are any of you in the car business? do you have any idea of the damage cars suffer in shipping? They fixed and sold and the owner never knows. So these guys did a burn out on a new engine...it really doesn't matter and the engine will be just fine. More damage happens with non car guys never changing their oil.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little detective work would not be too tough at this point to enable whichever of these dealers the car came from to find out what their lot boy is doing. Hmmmm, 5 phone calls...Did you just ship a yellow Z? Not my cup of tea to get that involved though.

A & T Chevrolet
801 Bethlehem Pike
Sellersville, PA 18960
PH: (215) 257-8022
FX: (215) 453-1866 Get a Discount Price Quote from a Bucks County Chevrolet Dealer
See Chevrolet Used Cars for Sale in Bucks County

Fred Beans Chevrolet Geo Oldsmobile
845 N Easton Rd
Doylestown, PA 18901
PH: (215) 348-3586
FX: (215) 348-3441 Get a Discount Price Quote from a Bucks County Chevrolet Dealer

John Kennedy Chevrolet
365 Street Rd
Southampton, PA 18966
PH: (215) 364-7300
FX: (215) 364-5159 Get a Discount Price Quote from a Bucks County Chevrolet Dealer

Lafferty Chevrolet
829 W Street Rd
Warminster, PA 18974
PH: (215) 672-2000
FX: (215) 672-3594 Get a Discount Price Quote from a Bucks County Chevrolet Dealer

Reedman Chevrolet Oldsmobile
US Route 1
Langhorne, PA 19047
PH: (215) 757-4961
FX: (215) 741-1975 Get a Discount Price Quote from a Bucks County Chevrolet Dealer

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Z06, I love your Viper, but if I was the owner of that Z06, I'd be one pissed person if I found out my car had been taken on joyrides/drag races the entire weekend before I received it

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story...you really didn't lose because Vettes are everywhere. I count them every time I take an afternoon cruise in the Viper. And, basically, I stop counting after ten. In contrast, I never see another Viper unless I'm cruising with one. No doubt the new Vettes are nice and offer a lot of stuff. But, I'll never give up my Viper--it's one of a kind.

I never understand why everyone gives this same answer with Corvette/Viper discussions. They are both great cars. Either might be nicer, but I like mine, an I am sure you all like yours. If I had the chance to swap for free, I'd do it.

But to say that the car is better because you never see another one, and see Corvettes everyday, just makes no sense. The one thing I DON'T like about my car is that I never get to see any others, talk to other owners, or have get-togethers of any kind. Okay, once a month I could drive to Schaumburg (Schaumburg!) during the summer for a Viper Club meeting, but that's it. And the attention mine draws is too much for me, I'd prefer to be left alone by crowds of 14 year old boys.

If the issue is the car, and your happiness with it, it shouldn't matter how many others are around. If I had a ZO6 and was happy with it, tracked it like I would, modded it, whatever, I could care less that secretaries and grandmothers were also driving Corvettes and that I saw one on every corner.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thing, the way I read the story, it was the Corvette that lost. They swapped cars and the writer spun his wheels in the ZO6 and was beat by his own car.

Not that it matters. Much. ;)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Wow...what a bunch of girlie men. Are any of you in the car business? do you have any idea of the damage cars suffer in shipping? They fixed and sold and the owner never knows. So these guys did a burn out on a new engine...it really doesn't matter and the engine will be just fine. More damage happens with non car guys never changing their oil.

So we're all girlie men because we respect other people's property? Well I say people like you are just **** of the Earth. :p I hope someone takes your car for an unauthorized drive and totals it. :smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte