Encounter with Z06

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...what a bunch of girlie men. Are any of you in the car business? do you have any idea of the damage cars suffer in shipping? They fixed and sold and the owner never knows. So these guys did a burn out on a new engine...it really doesn't matter and the engine will be just fine. More damage happens with non car guys never changing their oil.

So we're all girlie men because we respect other people's property? Well I say people like you are just **** of the Earth. :p I hope someone takes your car for an unauthorized drive and totals it. :smirk:

Well add 1 more to that **** of the earth list there salty....

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Wow...what a bunch of girlie men. Are any of you in the car business? do you have any idea of the damage cars suffer in shipping? They fixed and sold and the owner never knows. So these guys did a burn out on a new engine...it really doesn't matter and the engine will be just fine. More damage happens with non car guys never changing their oil.

So we're all girlie men because we respect other people's property? Well I say people like you are just **** of the Earth. :p I hope someone takes your car for an unauthorized drive and totals it. :smirk:

Well add 1 more to that **** of the earth list there salty....

Not surprising.

V

venms96

Lee00, that was some fast work man. 5 Chevy Dealers in that area, the world just shrinks sometimes around you, ya know.... 100 bucks says one of the Dealer is a familiar party and already found out about this nonsense.
Not cool at all.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story...you really didn't lose because Vettes are everywhere. I count them every time I take an afternoon cruise in the Viper. And, basically, I stop counting after ten. In contrast, I never see another Viper unless I'm cruising with one. No doubt the new Vettes are nice and offer a lot of stuff. But, I'll never give up my Viper--it's one of a kind.

I never understand why everyone gives this same answer with Corvette/Viper discussions. They are both great cars. Either might be nicer, but I like mine, an I am sure you all like yours. If I had the chance to swap for free, I'd do it.

But to say that the car is better because you never see another one, and see Corvettes everyday, just makes no sense. The one thing I DON'T like about my car is that I never get to see any others, talk to other owners, or have get-togethers of any kind. Okay, once a month I could drive to Schaumburg (Schaumburg!) during the summer for a Viper Club meeting, but that's it. And the attention mine draws is too much for me, I'd prefer to be left alone by crowds of 14 year old boys.

If the issue is the car, and your happiness with it, it shouldn't matter how many others are around. If I had a ZO6 and was happy with it, tracked it like I would, modded it, whatever, I could care less that secretaries and grandmothers were also driving Corvettes and that I saw one on every corner.

I couldn't agree more with your comment, there aren't enough Vipers and my local VCA is not active (plus they're get together is some four hours away). As a side note, I once lived in Gurnee for six years. At that time I had a Vette--I loved it. In fact I just sold the Vette to a good friend. Now, we cruise around together. As you indicated, I wish there were more Viper's around so I could cruise with them, unfortunately there aren't--so we started our own car club. Florida is a little hot this time of year but, if you're ever down this way let me know. I'd be happy to cruise with you.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...hopefully your friend doesnt get in trouble. Seriously though, I wouldnt be surprised if that happened more often with these types of cars.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is my biggest fear if/when i have to leave the car with someone. I want a lockable rev & speed limiter. 2000rpm @ 40 MPH is all you get.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if you had a chance to take the car for a spin you would have said no thanks. Believe me, if I was responsible for the car there is no way I would be driving someone elses car around like that. I didn't know the whole story until he told me when we pulled into his lot. All I knew upfront was that he had the car for the weekend. I knew it wasn't his but I thought someone lent it to him for a few days. Don't start preaching this holier than thou s**t.

You're trying to tell me that this guy is a friend of yours? and so you know what he does for a living? so you know that he has access to other peoples cars at any time? but you didn't know that the car wasn't someone elses???? I'm sensing a bit of a white lie and now you're trying to back peddle because you realize what you did was wrong. Your buddy is a theif and I can tell you that I hope your post blows up big time in his face and he either gets fired or looses his contract to store these cars. I'm quite sure you posting the car all over the net is going to make you real popular with him. You don't think Monday morning there isn't going to be 4 or 5 dealers trying to find out who your buddy is and seeing if it was one of their cars out being abused before they got it? It's all over the Vette forum now and those guys are pissed. Rightfully so. If it was your car that was out getting the tires smoked off of it before you picked it up you would want to find out who did it and make them pay. Whay you guys did was wrong. Plain and simple. There is no grey area here. What comes around goes around and I believe your buddy is about to get his.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the last Corvette forum posting:

"Print screen the thread, send that pic along with the image of the person standing by the VY Z06 vette to GM---supposedly GM's "M.I.B." come around this message board to keep a tap on inside info...I would think this would hold equal weighing. The shipping company deserves to lose its business with GM, and I'd go a step further by saying that forum would also deserve being shut down, restricted, or receive a heavy warning"

Ummm, is he saying the Viper Club forum should be shut down because of this? What type of mind altering drugs is he on?

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Devildog;

You're calling me a **** of the earth...you're just an a$$hole. With all the crap going on in the world you attack me because i think you r acting like a spoiled little baby (truth hurts). **** of the earth? Hell, I am not even wearing a towel on my head and you call me that? You are so concerned about someone taking a car for a ride...man you need some focus in your ordinary boring life. You have way too much time on your hands. Man you are irrelevant! :curse:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy obviously does not get it. The senior corvetteforum mods do. We got an email from them this morning when our thread started. I responded that our menbers were equally outraged and supplied my little suggestion regarding the research I did on the Chevy dealers in Bucks county. Anybody with any sense over there can read our thread and know that we are just as upset about the mistreatment of this very special car as they are. This could happen to one of us.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Aw, shucks, lets just let anybody drive and abuse our cars before we get 'em. What harm could it do?

[/satire]

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
This guy obviously does not get it. The senior corvetteforum mods do. We got an email from them this morning when our thread started. I responded that our menbers were equally outraged and supplied my little suggestion regarding the research I did on the Chevy dealers in Bucks county. Anybody with any sense over there can read our thread and know that we are just as upset about the mistreatment of this very special car as they are. This could happen to one of us.

Unfortunately, not all of us here are outraged about this. In addition to the original poster Viper owners LIRACER and BIGBAD believe this occurs all the time and we should accept people abusing other people's property as socially acceptable. These **** do not represent the Viper community in a very good light. Like I said previously, I hope both their Vipers are stolen and totaled and they don't have enough $s to get another one. Bye, bye ****. :p

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One other thing, the way I read the story, it was the Corvette that lost. They swapped cars and the writer spun his wheels in the ZO6 and was beat by his own car.

Not that it matters. Much. ;)

That is correct, the corvette lost.

I would be pissed that my $75k car was left parked outside in the rain in some dude's lot for a few days let alone someone taking a few farts in my seats and bashing my engine during breakin period. Heck, I'd be pissed if someone took a joyride in my 248K mile 16 year old Stealth.
Someone named Bubba should take your friend for a joyride... in a prison cell. :hitfan:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately, not all of us here are outraged about this. In addition to the original poster Viper owners LIRACER and BIGBAD believe this occurs all the time and we should accept people abusing other people's property as socially acceptable. These **** do not represent the Viper community in a very good light. Like I said previously, I hope both their Vipers are stolen and totaled and they don't have enough $s to get another one. Bye, bye ****. :p

Maybe im reading this wrong...but are you saying i should have my viper stolen?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep in mind that it is insurance fraud if you have your car stolen. If it is just stolen, you'll be covered. :D

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! Uncool in so many ways. Used and unsold ok, but new and sold, criminal. We have all run the piss out of a demo or used car that was on a lot. But this is some guys dream car still wrapped in plastic and bounced off the rev limiter for break in. That would be uncool even to a new mini van.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Hey just consider it someone driving your car without permission and wrecking it. No big deal as you've indicated above. What's the problem it's not O.K. if it's YOUR car? Goes for LIRacer too. :p

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... i do believe it was wrong since the guy already purchased the car. I'd be a bit pissed also if someone took my Viper and was drag racing and doing burnouts before it was shipped to me. He was supposed to ship the car so he should only be driving it onto the truck...end of story.
Now if it was just some demo car and had not been purchased yet then it would be a different story.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the last Corvette forum posting:

"Print screen the thread, send that pic along with the image of the person standing by the VY Z06 vette to GM---supposedly GM's "M.I.B." come around this message board to keep a tap on inside info...I would think this would hold equal weighing. The shipping company deserves to lose its business with GM, and I'd go a step further by saying that forum would also deserve being shut down, restricted, or receive a heavy warning"

Ummm, is he saying the Viper Club forum should be shut down because of this? What type of mind altering drugs is he on?

First thing I though of when I saw this post was all the backpedaling that would go on. That's why I right-click-saved the picture first thing. Someone might want it after all the original posters delete it.

Yeah, what's with the forum having anything to do with it?

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey just consider it someone driving your car without permission and wrecking it. No big deal as you've indicated above. What's the problem it's not O.K. if it's YOUR car? Goes for LIRacer too. :p

Dude i got to be honest...i dont care. Its just a car. Thats coming from someone who doesnt have a olympic size pool...

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted some crap about my little frat ass brother running off in my merci. So the hell what. His ass washed it.

If I wash your Murci, can I drive it? :cool:

Damn i didnt edit it fast enough...lol. I fiqured i should change that since im trying to sell it lol...But yea man you can drive it anytime..I always need a dd you know...lol. :2tu:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man now thats what im talkin about...Im gonna be in the ATL in a few weeks...I may just drive it up...Dont know if i can pass up a cold beer....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte