Encounter with Z06

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry..thats all i got here at the office. Nope its all mine everything but the lambo im the orginal owner... Some of my trash doesnt get posted sorry...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to believe at this point. All of this is going to find its way back to the delivering dealer and owner, and put these 2 in a bit of a pickle. way to go.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i still dont see the damn point in this thread...If the owner is that big of a ***** over this and isnt going to even drive it like its ment to be driven and get one of those *** ass corvette jackets and drive around in it. He needs to do me, the dealer, and himself a favor and just sell it to me...

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well i still dont see the damn point in this thread...If the owner is that big of a ***** over this and isnt going to even drive it like its ment to be driven and get one of those *** ass corvette jackets and drive around in it. He needs to do me, the dealer, and himself a favor and just sell it to me...

[******]? Who said the OWNER was not going to drive it like a Z06 should be driven? :confused: The point to the thread, since you apparently missed it or are attempting to back peddle on your position, is that the OWNER was not driving HIS car someone else was without the knowledge or permission of the OWNER! :rolleyes:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry i was on the phone and it came out wrong...i **** at the multitasking.... If they guy does a few rocket blasts i mean its my understanding they do that at the factory anyways...I dont see how this can actually hurt the car hell its under warranty anyways... I also just dont see how it merits all thease investigations and all that crap. I just find some of the comments a little overboard....not saying im right or anything as ive been whacked in the head a few times too....I guess from this thread ive learned I need to keep my ass out of car shipping business....Im going to lunch now... :bonker: ......flame suit on...

Reaction score
sorry i was on the phone and it came out wrong...i **** at the multitasking.... If they guy does a few rocket blasts i mean its my understanding they do that at the factory anyways...I dont see how this can actually hurt the car hell its under warranty anyways... I also just dont see how it merits all thease investigations and all that crap. I just find some of the comments a little overboard....not saying im right or anything as ive been whacked in the head a few times too....I guess from this thread ive learned I need to keep my ass out of car shipping business....Im going to lunch now... :bonker: ......flame suit on...

It baffles me beyond words that ANYONE could NOT think the guy was wrong to drive someone elses car. Could have been a Pinto or a Fiesta...the bottom line is that HE abused HIS position as a lot-boy. Those few of you who think he was OK to do what he did...I highly doubt you would be as "understanding" if some lot-boy took your car for a joy ride while it was in for service!

Maybe you wouldn't mind....I would say GOOD FOR YOU, you are a better person (and less stressed) than me!! :)

However....the general population would think the lot-boy was wrong.....regardless of how the REAL owner would/should/could drive the car once he FINALLY takes delivery.

BTW...the website has nothing to worry about as we (most of us) are NOT condoning any illegal acts....merely reporting them and making them public (if, indeed, they are true). :) OK...it might not be illegal...that has yet to be officially determined. Immoral at the very least.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never said I condoned it. I just couldn't understand why it was such a major topic of discussion. It sounded (read) like a group of old ladies cackeling about the earlybird special. What gets me really pissed is some pea brain like DEVILDOG who starts calling me (us) **** because we don't share his belief that this is the crime of the century. Is this a forum where those in the minority view get hammered and insulted by narrow minded Forum Nazis like DEVIDOG?

For the record, I think taking a car some else owns is a bush move.

Reaction score
I never said I condoned it. I just couldn't understand why it was such a major topic of discussion. It sounded (read) like a group of old ladies cackeling about the earlybird special. What gets me really pissed is some pea brain like DEVILDOG who starts calling me (us) **** because we don't share his belief that this is the crime of the century. Is this a forum where those in the minority view get hammered and insulted by narrow minded Forum Nazis like DEVIDOG?

For the record, I think taking a car some else owns is a bush move.

Huh? Your very fisrt post in this thread was :

Wow...what a bunch of girlie men. Are any of you in the car business? do you have any idea of the damage cars suffer in shipping? They fixed and sold and the owner never knows. So these guys did a burn out on a new engine...it really doesn't matter and the engine will be just fine. More damage happens with non car guys never changing their oil.

You IMMEDIATELY came across like you condoned it...and it has gone downhill for you ever since. Being in the car business makes it OK? Damage during shipping makes it OK? YOU (and surely others) may fix things and sell the car as "new"....but that is completely different from having their way with something that is not theirs. I doubt the issue is that these guys "did a burn out"....I am pretty sure the issue is that THEY DON'T OWN THE CAR! LUCKY for those that go after all of us that I (at least) have taught my son right from wrong.....and that if something BELONGS (ie......they OWN IT) to someone else he needs to respect it. I can only hope you either don't have kids.....or you follow the old "do as I say not as I do" mentality of raising a child.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Listen Tony .... you can leave my kids out of it. You seem sit on your throne and look down at those who don't follow the company line. I have four kids. I raised my eldest daughter by myself from the age of 9 after her mom died from a brain tumor. She grew into an incredible person. How dare you! Don't ever talk to me about raising kids until you have walked in my shoes. I can see why Viper owners who are free thinkers have moved over to other forums. Would you say such things and insults if you weren't anonimous behind a computer? I think not. I am off of this thread and out of this self rightous forum. Good luck.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see why Viper owners who are free thinkers have moved over to other forums. Would you say such things and insults if you weren't anonimous behind a computer? I think not. I am off of this thread and out of this self rightous forum. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm sure Viper Alley will be much more embracing of your philosophy that it's no big deal to steal someones $75K high-end sports car and go joy-riding in it. Good luck with that.

If the 'free-thinkers' of the world think it's ok to do what this person did, I'll continue to tow the party line, thanks.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there is alot of jumping to conclusions here. First, we do NOT know who owns the car (unless I am mistaken). At this point, it could be GM, the dealership or the intended ultimate owner of the vehicle.

There are so many possibilities here, it just boggles the mind. Most likely, the dealership owns the car and this was a transport individual or someone working at the dealership. The dealership has given them limited contractual rights to deliver the vehicle (hypothetically). These rights may include allowing the individual to drive the car!

We must remember, that the ultimate consumer HAS NOT BEEN HARMED AT THIS POINT (if the owner is the dealership or GM). The dealership is required to get this person a new vehicle. The ultimate consumer entered into a contract with the dealership for delivery on a date certain.

If the dealership does not deliver, they are in default and the consumer can get redress for the time delay. If the dealership discloses this joyride, the consumer can either accept it and buy the vehicle, or even try to get an increased warranty for the vehicle.

If the dealership does NOT disclose this, and the consumer buys it unknowingly, then the proverbial feces hits the fan. It is fraud on the consumer. I think that we all need to take a breather here.

It is a good thing, however, that this thread was started. Aside from the unfriendliness between the members, the buyer of this car may be more aware of what is going on.

Before the VCA takes any stance on this issue, all the facts should be known. Just my two cents.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admit it , most of you would have driven it around a bit . Hell , I would have run the piss out of it,its just a vette and should be able to handle a couple of miles of break in. If you think that cars don't get driven around at the dealer , you are living in under a tree.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing everyone should learn from this post if any is......

Do not post this sorta thing period. People take things way out of context and make what started off with harmless "post" to a all out investigation. I am not saying that what the guy did was right or wrong, but I think this has become a much larger issue than the poster intended it to be. Have you noticed that the original poster has not said anything after everyone started jumping on him?

You never know, maybe next time someone posts about them street racing will tick someone off and that person will scream bloody ****** and want an investigation so this guy can get punsihed for it.

Some of you here need to take a step back and relax. This place is getting way to touchy as of late.

Reaction score
Admit it , most of you would have driven it around a bit . Hell , I would have run the piss out of it,its just a vette and should be able to handle a couple of miles of break in. If you think that cars don't get driven around at the dealer , you are living in under a tree.

Sorry spray....a car that was already bought and owned by another person, and just waiting to be delivered (as implied) would be off limits to me. Thats just me. At issue with the now-gone LIRacer is the PRINCIPLE of the matter. According to him, it is OK to do whatever you wish with something (anything) that belongs to another person. Maybe that is just the way he is....fine with me (just keep him away from anything I own as I believe he thinks whats mine is his!!!).

I am well aware of how cars a handled at dealerships....but

1) That doesn't make it OK, and

2) Once an alleged incident is made public...this "standard dealership behavior" cannot (and should not) be used as an excuse.

The only people living under a tree are the ones who aren't outraged. Just my humble opinion....something I guess I am not allowed to have if you ask LIRacer.

:)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was pretty stupid the way this story was written. If it had just said something like "My friend brought a new Z06 over" and didn't mention the weekend stuff, no one would have asked. That detail should have just been left out.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Listen Tony .... you can leave my kids out of it. You seem sit on your throne and look down at those who don't follow the company line. I have four kids. I raised my eldest daughter by myself from the age of 9 after her mom died from a brain tumor. She grew into an incredible person. How dare you! Don't ever talk to me about raising kids until you have walked in my shoes. I can see why Viper owners who are free thinkers have moved over to other forums. Would you say such things and insults if you weren't anonimous behind a computer? I think not. I am off of this thread and out of this self rightous forum. Good luck.

I hope the door hits you in the a$$! :smirk:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Sorry spray....a car that was already bought and owned by another person, and just waiting to be delivered (as implied) would be off limits to me. Thats just me. At issue with the now-gone LIRacer is the PRINCIPLE of the matter. According to him, it is OK to do whatever you wish with something (anything) that belongs to another person. Maybe that is just the way he is....fine with me (just keep him away from anything I own as I believe he thinks whats mine is his!!!).

I am well aware of how cars a handled at dealerships....but

1) That doesn't make it OK, and

2) Once an alleged incident is made public...this "standard dealership behavior" cannot (and should not) be used as an excuse.

The only people living under a tree are the ones who aren't outraged. Just my humble opinion....something I guess I am not allowed to have if you ask LIRacer.

:)

DITTO!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I think that there is alot of jumping to conclusions here. First, we do NOT know who owns the car (unless I am mistaken). At this point, it could be GM, the dealership or the intended ultimate owner of the vehicle.

There are so many possibilities here, it just boggles the mind. Most likely, the dealership owns the car and this was a transport individual or someone working at the dealership. The dealership has given them limited contractual rights to deliver the vehicle (hypothetically). These rights may include allowing the individual to drive the car!

We must remember, that the ultimate consumer HAS NOT BEEN HARMED AT THIS POINT (if the owner is the dealership or GM). The dealership is required to get this person a new vehicle. The ultimate consumer entered into a contract with the dealership for delivery on a date certain.

If the dealership does not deliver, they are in default and the consumer can get redress for the time delay. If the dealership discloses this joyride, the consumer can either accept it and buy the vehicle, or even try to get an increased warranty for the vehicle.

If the dealership does NOT disclose this, and the consumer buys it unknowingly, then the proverbial feces hits the fan. It is fraud on the consumer. I think that we all need to take a breather here.

It is a good thing, however, that this thread was started. Aside from the unfriendliness between the members, the buyer of this car may be more aware of what is going on.

Before the VCA takes any stance on this issue, all the facts should be known. Just my two cents.

Good Lord! All lawyers care about is the letter of the law. Too bad they don't put more emphasis on justice, right versus wrong and morals. All this legal technical letter of the law crap...the ULTIMATE CONSUMER(OWNER) has not been harmed yet...what kind of crazy legal conclusion is that? What if it was YOUR car? Unbelievable...and you guys wonder why most people dislike lawyers. :bonker:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute...He threw in a lot of legalese and pros and cons, that's what lawyers do but at the bottom he really summed it up and agreed. He said relevant to the issue...

"If the dealership does NOT disclose this, and the consumer buys it unknowingly, then the proverbial feces hits the fan. It is fraud on the consumer.
It is a good thing, however, that this thread was started. The buyer of this car may be more aware of what is going on."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte