Engine Mods...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can most defiently relate to the paxton. My nsx had a paxton supercharger and even though it dynoed around 100 rwhp over a stock nsx..It was not very fast.The power was only from 5500-8000 rpm's. Sure it felt good for that period but 1/4 mile testing showed it was just a low 13 second car when stock is high 13's...330 rwhp and 2900 pounds should not be low 13's..But with the paxton setup on that car and boost coming so late it is to be xpected..

At this point it is no secret that these 650 rwhp paxtoned srt10's trapp 128-132 mph..While stock 08 vipers with only 550 rwhp trap 126-130 mph.. Id go engine build heads and cam any day of the week over the paxton...

I dont think a 600 rwhp built head/cam srt10 will only run with a 650 rwhp paxton srt10. I think it will be faster.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks.

those charts never seem to relate to real world.

From my brief experience at the track, I would say the chart is very accurate, at least the one for the Stock 3.07 gear on my '08.
I've got a few 128 to 129.2 mph going through the traps still in third gear but hitting the rev limiter around 6400 rpm with the Mopar controller.
The chart list 129.3 mph for 6400 rpm with the 3.07 gear
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...eeds-vs-rpm-warning-actual-math-included.html

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks.

those charts never seem to relate to real world.

Sorry Plum, you are incorrect. I absolutely assure you that those charts are PERFECTLY accurate. Its math, 2 x 2 always equals 4. In any car, the "(actual rpm X transmission gear ratio) / (final gear ratio * tire circumference)" will always give you the actual speed. No and's or but's.

Any deviation observed is due to inaccuracy in your instrumentation or inputs to the chart (i.e. tire diameter, etc.)

Even with variable inputs, the difference is not too major. For example, let's take a tire (our variable input) that stretches/grows 0.25" at 200mph, the difference in the calculated speed is incorrect by less than 1.5 mph (or about 0.75%). This 0.75% is much more accurate than that pesky speedometer.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldnt the weight of the car or drag have some effect on rpm at a given speed ?

and i agree math doesnt lie usually. im just trying to learn.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldnt the weight of the car or drag have some effect on rpm at a given speed ?

and i agree math doesnt lie usually. im just trying to learn.

Nope! for a given vehicle, velocity is a function of rpm & all associated gearing

Increasing weight and drag will only reduce time to the given velocity as will rolling resistance.

And by the way, different tire heights affect velocity also... For example, increasing a tires size will result in higher vehicle speed at a given rpm & gear ratio, but becausue a taller tire is rotating slower, the vehicle will be slower to acelerate to that speed.

WillH2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weight of the car and drag coefficient come into play when determining how much torque is required to get the car to X speed in X amount of time.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads/Cam = really cool sound & no lag. Paxton has some lag - roots has none. Can inter cool a Paxton & H2O/**** as well - Roots no intercooler H2O/**** only (tune w/H2O and have a pump/injector/flow failure & you'll be buying a new engine - depending on your computer - VEC2 game over - AEM you can survive). Roots limited to 10-12 psi - some run 14 but might as well be pouring hot lava down your intake.

Too much heads/cam & there will be drivability problems.

Talk to DC, Roe, Good, etc. They get paid to know this stuff. I just regurgitate what I read & ride my pedal cars around ;)

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planing to do a N/A build right now too. Nothing to crazy. I have a GEN 3 vert. The only mod i have is Mopar race exhaust. I cant spend anymore then $2k for now. So since i cant go to major on money but i want to get the best bang for my buck, does anyone have any advice for my price range. Im looking for cam,tune,gears, all bolt on sorta thing. What combo will make the most power for 2 grand?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2K is gonna be tough IMO, the gasket set alone is probably almost half that IIRC but that might be with head gaskets.

might wanna consider gears maybe or dyno time with a good tuner and an SCT ?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a good DC Performance computer tune is going to be your best bet. K&N filters, and a Corsa and buy yourself a coke with your change and enjoy. Your out of money...

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For 2k, I'd be considering some good Headers, high flow cats, thermostat and an SCT tune to go with that Cat-Back.

These are modifications that you will need to aid the "bigger" mods you'll be planning later.

We can also supply you all the parts at great prices and even better customer support.

Todd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte