Enjoyed the car alittle to much this weekend

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took the car out yesterday for the first time since I bought it. Weather was clear and sunny but still cool(high 40's) Drove around all afternoon showing it off to some friends. Ran across some kids in just about every car imaginable that wanted to race. Experienced the unbelievable attraction that women have for the car for the first time.. WOW!!!!

So after a fun day I was about 5mins from home and what pulls up next to me at the stop light but a 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. Guy looks over and compliments the car and I say the same back to him. The he says lets see what you got.. I am not going to back down so as the light changes we both hit and and basically stay neck and neck because neither of us have any traction. We both back down alittle and hit it again at around 40. I was shocked but I stayed right next to him until we backed of. We did it one more time with the same result.:drive:

We then pulled of the road and stopped in a parking lot to talk for a minute when the cops pull in. We figured we were screwed but as they got out all they wanted to do was see the cars and take some pics of them. They were really cool. Wish I had my camera with me to take some shots but I did get the guys number with the Lamborghini and hope to meet up with him throughout the summer. I will get some shots then.

This car is un-real. I love everything about it.:headbang:

Tom
2005 Commemorative SRT-10 #29

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is your car modded? A Lambo Superlegerra is about 3000 lbs and 530hp. Also has AWD. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, so If he knew how to drive and your stock he should have got you. Good race. Its always fun running into someone like that on the street.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the problem with the Lambo is that it's a tiny motor that needs some rpms to get to the hp. By that time the Viper should be should all taillights.

Ted

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at some early 0-60 times for 03 Gen 3's. I have seen 3.8 and 11.7 in the 1/4 mile. My buddy has a stock 04 and I have a modded 04 w/ built engine. My buddy is neck in neck w/ me w/ his crappy run craps 0-75..then I begin to pull him. I am not surprised this guy hung w/ a Superleggeria...Vipers should never be underestimated!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom,
Since you're new, allow me to point out this from the posting policies for future reference:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

That said, I'm glad you showed the lambo what's what. ;)

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the comments guys. I have not learned all the rules yet on this site. I will definetly be more careful on what I post in the future.

As for my car. It is stock but seems awfully fast for a stock viper. I have driven a few others in the past month before purchasing this one and none of them pulled like the one I bought.

As for the other guy. Not sure if it was conditions, driver error or cars were just equal that kept me with him but he did tell me that he was in it.

Thanks guys and I should know better then to do this but it was so tempting. I am not the young kid anymore that messes around like this but owning this car makes me feel like a kid again. I love it and will keep it at the track from now on.

Tom

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom, I think you forgot to mention that the race was on private property and a closed course. Nobody hear street rcaes, thats Illlegal. ;)

V

Venomiss

LOL That's OK Tom we forgive you.;) Never over 65 in a Viper.:D

Now send the mods your stuff so they can upgrade you to Viper owner here.

Once you join we fully expect to see your new car in your avatar.:eater:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Viperworld! You are lucky as a newbie...my first 3 months on the site I got posts yanked coming and going for violating the "spirited street driving" rules!:D

This is a great club and a bunch of great guys!:2tu:

Welcome!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Viperworld! You are lucky as a newbie...my first 3 months on the site I got posts yanked coming and going for violating the "spirited street driving" rules!:D

This is a great club and a bunch of great guys!:2tu:

Welcome!

That's just because you're from NY. :D :D :D

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom,
Since you're new, allow me to point out this from the posting policies for future reference:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

That said, I'm glad you showed the lambo what's what. ;)

Hmmm, then I guess I better say that I DID NOT do 140 in mine this past weekend!;):rolaugh:

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hamrhead 140 is ok because you were on your own private road that each and every viper owner gets when we sign on the dotted line. Atleast that is what MikeR told me.... :2tu:

Love this board. You guys are the best. Tommorow I get to experience my first club meeting for the Illinois Area. Can't wait to see some more vipers and owners.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your subject title is wrong. It's like the time-proven addage, "Too much horsepower is never enough." You can't have too much fun in a Viper. My '08 does 0-60 on pvt. property in 3.75 with cold roads, and did I mention that you and everyone needs an MGW shifter to get the fun, almost too much fun, quick and easy shifts? Night and day difference on private property, but on the racetrack, much better. Less than $100 and 5-10 minute installation. Read the instructions FIRST and it'll be quick and easy.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine