Eradispeed rotors - cracks after 300 miles????

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was cleaning my car Saturday and noticed that one of the rear Baer Eradispeed rotors has a crack already. They've probably been on the car for 300 - 400 miles, no track days, no racing, mainly around town and the odd stint on the highway,but nothing severe in any way, shape or form. Anyone else ever have this? I have not called Baer yet, was out of town for work until this morning, wondered if there is a best avenue of action to take.

Cheers,
Nick

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got over 1000 miles now on my Baer Eradispeed rotors, and no cracks at all.

One thing that is hard for rotors to take, is too rapid cooling. Have you driven through a big puddle when they are hot, or hosed the wheels down when you are washing your car after a drive? I know that can make them warp, but IDK if that can make them crack.

If none of the above apply, (or even if it does!), you should call Baer and see what their warranty policy is. Its probably posted on line also.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Bear Eradispeed, about 6 years old (drilled) and I have a bunch of stress cracks at all the holes, I need to replace my rotors soon (per Chuck Tator).....They have a life time warrenty if your an original owner (at least as far as warping goes) but Im not the original owner...

Im not sure how far into the the 6 years the cracks came up but Chuck noticed them about a year ago.

Martin

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they the rear plus 1's with the new bracket deal?

I don't think so, I think they are the Eradaspeed Plus (two piece rotors with no brackets). They were on my car before I got the stoptechs.

Pic of the fronts on my car. No rear shots right now.
309.JPG

I could send you pics of them for curiousity.

Ukviper,
Sorry to hijack. I'd talk to Baer or your distributor. I have/had no cracking issues with my set.

Reaction score
If the cracks are not all the way through the rotor face then they are stress cracks and are common of some types of rotor material. Even though you don't track your Viper after the rotors are hot and you set the parking brake it can cause a uneven cooling of the rotor and this may happen, shouldn't but could.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the hijack also UKviper.

I don't think so, I think they are the Eradaspeed Plus (two piece rotors with no brackets). They were on my car before I got the stoptechs.

Pic of the fronts on my car. No rear shots right now.
309.JPG

I could send you pics of them for curiousity.

Ukviper,
Sorry to hijack. I'd talk to Baer or your distributor. I have/had no cracking issues with my set.

Oh you have all 4 rotors? Yeah send me some photos. [email protected]

Thanks
Steve

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if they're drilled or cast. Cast is the only way to go. With drilled, you are simply shooting crap ... with a lot of $.

Regardless, Nick, call them and demand at least a replacement!

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! I just order these same rotors and they should be here on Friday... I hope I don't have any problems for my street Viper. Let us know what happens!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've the same rotors all around. So far I've seen on issues and I have driven mine quiet often with them on.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called twice yesterday and got their voicemail, will try again today.

Nick

I plan on powder coating my 2 piece rotors so I will be taking them apart. If you do get a hold of someone, could you ask them the torque specs to bolt them back together with? I don't want to over tighten them when I put them back together. Thanks! :2tu:

If you don't have time or remember, don't worry about it.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Ive dug through my old emails and found a reply from Rick Pojman at Baer,
The email was dated August 2008.

"Mark
The ring only can be replaced and part numbers are 6911046 left and 6921046 right. Cost is $207.60 per rotor in the slotted drilled design. You can order these in slotted only also if preferred.
Some thermal cracking around the holes is not unusual and under most circumstances rotor replacement is recommended if the crack would connect between two holes or extends to the outer diameter of the rotor. GM service bulletin 05-05-23-007 actually addresses this condition for their Corvettes also."

Hope this info helps :)

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Ive dug through my old emails and found a reply from Rick Pojman at Baer,
The email was dated August 2008.

"Mark
The ring only can be replaced and part numbers are 6911046 left and 6921046 right. Cost is $207.60 per rotor in the slotted drilled design. You can order these in slotted only also if preferred.
Some thermal cracking around the holes is not unusual and under most circumstances rotor replacement is recommended if the crack would connect between two holes or extends to the outer diameter of the rotor. GM service bulletin 05-05-23-007 actually addresses this condition for their Corvettes also."

Hope this info helps :)

So basically there is no warranty if they crack? I just got my rotors today! They look very nice I hope I don't have any issues with them!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess the bottom line is as many have said, is Slotted only for fast road and track use, Slotted and drilled for Show and shine ;)

The ebc rotors are dimpled and slotted so you would not have any problems with cracking but they are one pice not two!

Skeeter Blanton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had many sets of the cross drilled & slotted Baer 2 pc. Eradispeed rotors on my vipers & vettes and have never had a problem.....I am strictly heavy street and will continue to buy and recommend them for non-racers.....

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh like others said above, those cracks aren't anything, especially on the street...even in the track I would run them and keep checking them after each session. I have driven 5 hrs home on a cracked rotor, not a big deal you just have to use your e brake to stop at lights haha.

you can also buy stock rotors from Sean at Roe Racing and have him slot them, if you want just the bling go with EBC's from JonB, they do make a slotted/dimpled one too. never want to see the dots start to connect or get ready for a crack.