Everybody tries to copy a viper.

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother in law has this miata as a shop/toy car. I drive up today and this is what I see. Not even close. He is going to put the viper badges on next........:dunno:.....but don't laugh, he is also going to transfer a LS6:omg::omg::omg:

You must be registered for see images attach

oh by the way i dynoed my car last night after installing the harlin sharp rockers. First it put down almost 600 hp and over 600 torque, but decided to detune her a bit. ended with this . 578hp and 600 torque. Keep in kind it was 55 degrees in the shop. when it hit the high numbers it was hitting 13 a/f. Sorry but do not have that graph.

5lb pulley
harlin sharp rockers/pushrods
belanger header/catback
random tech cats

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, that's some good numbers for your Viper...congrats! Actually your B-I-L's car is very very cute! You GOTTA take some comfort that he's COPYING your bumblebee, it's quite flattering! (No, not even close...!) Remember: Imitation is Flattery! He'd probably love it if you both got out and enjoyed a nice cruise together! (That's what we do with OUR LS3 and Viper together...fun!) ~juli
(Tho I DO agree about him putting the Viper badges on his car...:nono: :nono::nono::nono:)

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is kinda weird that he didn't tell you about it but I think that miata is not a bad looking car.

yeah it is great owning a bodyshop. His guy Pico can paint a complete car in 1 day.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3 or 4 studs on each wheel? Good photoshop.

A vette engine should slow that Miata down. Other than drag racing with slicks I can't imagine how badly that car will handle with that big V8 oer the front wheels.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those roll hoops on the wannaBEE look like they were wrecked off a city park's merry-go-round.

How about making them BIG and painting them YELLOW so they blend in with the car well?

I'd be embarrassed to drive that thing. But then again, so would others about my white hood vents!

Moral of story: To each his own.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 or 4 studs on each wheel? Good photoshop.

A vette engine should slow that Miata down. Other than drag racing with slicks I can't imagine how badly that car will handle with that big V8 oer the front wheels.

Ted

One of the guys in our club has a 1st Gen Miata with a 302 V8 stroked to 331 and supercharged. His wife has an RT/10 and a GTS but refuses to drive the Miata because in her words "It isn't any fun anymore"! You could not get the rear tires to hook up before the CI increase, now it is impossible! BTW- That is a GTS gas cap.

DSC01692.JPG

DSC01693.JPG