Exhaust and lowering question for 06 Coupe!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm at the stage now wanting to lower the car and put in an exhaust. Any recommendation? Further to that, should I also do the air-filter as well?

As for the exhaust, I had used Corsa on my previous Viper and want to know what is the difference between Corsa, Belanger and Borla. Which one makes a better sound?

And for lowering the car, I realize the Moton is great stuff. But besides that, what is the easiest way to do it? Since I won't do much racing and simply want to lower the car for better looks, can I just change the spring and what brand do you recommend?

All input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
random tech cats + corsa for sound is the best from what I hear from everyone :eek:

Motons are the best for lowering or you can do KW's

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree that the Corsa is the way to go for sound ( track model ) and the Random Techs are a good product, but some customers complain that this does make it too loud for them. I personally like both, but everyone's taste for exhaust noise is a bit different. I also second the Motons, as the ride quality , great service from the company, is unparalleled. You will notice a marked improvement in directional stability, ride, and even hook up at launch.

Best of luck and the look of a new , lowered Snake, is alone worth the price of admission.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did the Corsa Track system 2.5 with the stock cats and i don't really care for the sound. It does sound louder and alittle better but far from a great sounding exhaust IMO and the damn thing spits at me when i first start it up. I did it mainly to get rid of some cabin heat and side sill heat and it did help a TON.
Do the random Cats make the car sound different or just louder?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Many choices for exhaust systems. I chose the 3-inch stainless B&B with high flow cats and B&B stepped headers. Very quiet at low throttle, screams at high throttle. Made some HP / TQ too.

You will love the Motons.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_