Exhaust clips???

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have exhaust clips they could share. Me and a friend are arguing over what combo of mufflers/ headers/cats (or even no mufflers) give it that deep V8 rumble that I love so much. There is just one rule.....There is no limit on how loud it can be. I LIKE LOUD!!!! :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The loudest I have heard so far is the combo of a Roe blower + belanger headers + straight pipes out the side, no mufflers or cats whatsoever. It was unbearable to me after a few minutes of spirited driving. You can't hear sh*t! Makes my full belanger setup seem tame in comparison.

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
true true, But if you HAD to have muffler would it be corsa track?????? I heard one and it kinda sounded to raspy to me and less ********** bat from hell. :)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the Belanger 'System' If you have a good speaker system...let er rip. She'll rattle your desktop! It's from 0-100 or so. Even at a 1/4 mile away, it's sounds like you're right next to it.

Belanger

Steve

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the Belanger 'System' If you have a good speaker system...let er rip. She'll rattle your desktop! It's from 0-100 or so. Even at a 1/4 mile away, it's sounds like you're right next to it.

Belanger

Steve
what, I cant hear now. That was awesome, I got get an aftermarket system NOW.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Belanger generally gives the deepest most muscle car like sound because its coated steel. Corsa and B&B are all aluminum. Corsa is definitely more of a raspy sound. I have B&B with the X pipe instead of the rear truck muffler and 3" RT cats. Couldn't be happier.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve, what all is entailed in a "system"? Belanger headers, Hi-Flow or no cats?

The 'system' for our car is: Belanger headers/no cats/Belanger 3" exhaust and mufflers. The mufflers are Walker Race Bullets. There are 4 mufflers. 2 where the resonators were in the side sills and 2 in the back. I have a friend with a 97 GTS who opted to only use only the 2 in the back. He was afraid it wouldn't be loud enough with the extra pair in the front ;) With the older, lumpier cam---his car really rumbles! The older cam at idle really sounds good with this type of exhaust.

I just put a Roe blower on. Unfortunately we still have 3-4 feet of snow. I'll have to make another sound file when the weather breaks and I get er tuned up! By most accounts of those with superchargers, the sound will be 'enhanced.'

Steve

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The loudest I have heard so far is the combo of a Roe blower + belanger headers + straight pipes out the side, no mufflers or cats whatsoever. It was unbearable to me after a few minutes of spirited driving. You can't hear sh*t! Makes my full belanger setup seem tame in comparison.

I have this configuration except mine exits out the rear. It can be heard a mile away and I like it. Most people think it's too loud. I did a wide open throttle pass by my girlfriend who was in a convertible and her earrings flew off.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this configuration except mine exits out the rear. It can be heard a mile away and I like it. Most people think it's too loud. I did a wide open throttle pass by my girlfriend who was in a convertible and her earrings flew off.

Minus the blower, I have heard our car almost 2 miles away-----with my wife at the wheel--coming off a light ;) It was distant, but an unmistakeable exhaust note under WOT. Can't wait to try it out with the supercharger on! So far, only been able to idle in the garage after install. No lights set so far. Nice little whistle to it! I'll have to keep an eye open to see if I can blow any earrings off this season ;)

I will say that this set up out the side would be a little tough without earplugs at WOT. Highway speeds, with rear exit, isn't much different than stock. We drive 10-12,000 miles per year all over the country with no problem. Actually to get a little more sound from the exhaust when driving locally, we leave the back window out whenever possible.

Steve

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to hear the older borla sytem with no cats, anyone have a clip?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to hear the older borla sytem with no cats, anyone have a clip?

I had the older Borla and liked it a bunch, even with the RT metal cats. My next car had the new Borla and that is why I'm running 3 inch sewer pipe now, new Borla *****.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone gotta clip of the straight pipes. By the way some of you talk, I want to see your definition of "too loud" :2tu:

If you are in Alabama, let me know when and stick your head out your window.

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you can directly upload a clip from your pc. I believe it has to be linked from another website. Perhaps you can find a file host (google it) and they will provide you link for the video.....

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you can directly upload a clip from your pc. I believe it has to be linked from another website. Perhaps you can find a file host (google it) and they will provide you link for the video.....

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you take a clip from another different post and get it here?
There's a bad asp clip of my new heads/cam Balenger/corsa set up.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After our last club meet "ViperChad" and I drove to an area in Columbus called Easton. It's basically an outdoor shopping/restaurant area with streets in between everything. Rather tight and a lot of people. Chad has an 06 Coupe w/ Corsa, I was behind in my car w/ B&B. As we slowly rumbled by a parked SUV, its alarm went off from the vibration. Gotta love it! :2tu:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we slowly rumbled by a parked SUV, its alarm went off from the vibration. Gotta love it!

There's not many cars with alarms on them around here--not really needed, but traveling is a different story. We set off every car alarm we come close too. Parallel parking can cause some attention when the adjacent cars are 'alarmed' ---so to speak. Multi level parking ramps are even better---by the time we wind our way around a few levels to park ---there are horns and sirens going off everywhere ;)

Steve