Exhaust fire..... need.some part sources

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 GTS Blue/White
Had an exhaust fire that melted my rear bumper cover and blistered side sill paint. Vec 2 went haywire and dumped fuel in passenger exhaust burned up the cat and sent flames out the tail pipe. Sad, but luckily got it out with relatively minor damage. Always carry a fire extingusher!!!!
I need a rear bumper cover which is availble new, but could use a nice used one. Need one close to 44319 Cost of shipping a used one is almost the cost of the piece!
The crash foam (behind the bumper cover) is not available, but can probably improvise that.
The DODGE and VIPER GTS emblems for the bumper cover are not available.
The latter two items would be on a used cover.
The CAT burned holes in the foil insulation in the side sill. Is that whole foil piece available or do I use something from Summit?

As I'm finding out lots of stuff for our Gen 1 and 2 cars is out of production. Any leads would be appreciated.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry the hear of your troubles... but once again, just another good reason to leave stock alone.

'Mod 'em/break 'em'. Been there done that. I'm sure you'll have her up and bustin' loose soon.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The emblems for the rear bumper are available from Dodge, but pricey. I bought the ones for the front fenders (behind the wheels) and the pair was $350.00

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got everything coming thanks for the help everyone. Emblems from R& J, used bumper cover and crash foam on ebay, side sill insulation from Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang