Exhaust/Header Recommendation for Gen I

anthony1999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All:

After sometime of driving my car stock, I decided to upgrade the exhaust and headers. What combination do you guys have? like? What I am looking for is not a loud exhaust, but a mean exhaust that denotes that I am here, and of course provides for the necessary performance enhancements.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search on this website. Headers and exhaust have been debated ad nauseum over the last several years.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belangers have over the years been a favourite among Gen1 owners. That with a 3" sidepipe and High flow cats would be my way.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy to you but cut out the Muffler and cats put in White Trash Thrush Glass packs. Send me a portion of the money you saved.

:2tu:

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get more scientific here. The gen 1 is cammed for max torque than the gen IIs. I put belangers on my car (a tri-y header) designed for mid-range torque. Was I nuts or what?
If I were to do it again, I'd choose a 5-into-1 design with larger tubes to maximize power 4000-6000rpm. The TNT headers might be a 5:1. I'd check those out.