exhaust tip moving more left than right

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I know that the exhaust tip moving caused by the immense heat is normal, but on my 2004 SRT10 Viper with B&B headers, race cats and Borla exhaust, the left exhaust tip moves more than the right one. My mechanic installed the tips so that when the get hot there is enoogh space for them to move horizontally, but I just do not understand why the left tip moves around 1/2" more horizontally than the left tip.

Do you have the same description?

Thank you and regards from Valencia, Spain :)

Carlos

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I know that the exhaust tip moving caused by the immense heat is normal, but on my 2004 SRT10 Viper with B&B headers, race cats and Borla exhaust, the left exhaust tip moves more than the right one. My mechanic installed the tips so that when the get hot there is enoogh space for them to move horizontally, but I just do not understand why the left tip moves around 1/2" more horizontally than the left tip.

Do you have the same description?

Thank you and regards from Valencia, Spain :)

Carlos

I'd ask my mechanic.

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine moved around several times until I had them tack welded at some points and now they seem to move fairly uniform best I can tell. I have an 04 with stock headers and corsa track exhaust and random tech high flow cats.