PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the tips off a 2008-2009 and replace your crossovers

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Corsa Track System! :2tu:
A little louder than stock with a nice rumble/popping on deceleration. :headbang:
I still have the stock exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters on.
You lose about 25 lbs. by getting rid of the factory crossover pipes that run behind the seats and your cabin will be much cooler.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa track, which eliminates the cross over, is the best for Gen III's.

Search the board archives, plenty of comments, sound clips, install tips, etc, etc

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the ultimate exhaust go with corsa and Roe High Flow Cats.

Corsa track, which eliminates the cross over, is the best for Gen III's.

Search the board archives, plenty of comments, sound clips, install tips, etc, etc

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The B&B was recommended to me and it's what I went with. Wasn't crazy about the Corsa. The B&B definitely added some deeper growl but it's not obnoxious. With the high flow cats got rid of most of the cabin heat too.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best exhaust upgrade for a stock 2006?

Generaly cost dictates what you do but most exhaust stuff is in the 1k-1500. If you want mean and nasty go with a new set of headers. I had the corsa for a year and then added balenger headers & all smiles:D:D:D:D! Im a big corsa fan.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Approx cost on this? When you say replace crossovers, do you mean buy a corsa cat-back or similar?

It will cost whatever you can talk somebody into selling you the tips off an 08 for, save the cost of purchasing a catback. It won't make a significant change in the sound, but it saves you 24 pounds and reduces the cabin heat tremendously

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy with Roe High Flow Cats and stock muffler ( no crossover)on my '08.
Lots of nice popping on decel[/quote]

If you like the popping, don't buy the Mopar ECU, it will go away
Thanx for the info,
Too bad for that, as I have the Controller sitting in a box ready for a trip to the Dealer.
At least I know once the Controller is installed, you can always switch back to the stock ECU at anytime if I want the popping back.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The tips on a 08 are different than the gen III's???? I didn't even notice, whats the difference r they bigger to fill up the opening?

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tips on a 08 are different than the gen III's???? I didn't even notice, whats the difference r they bigger to fill up the opening?

The '08+ have straight pipes from the cats back, no crossover. I have a set here that is waiting to be put into my '04. I am assuming that it's not going to be a very big "operation". Has anyone any further information on the procedure? Anything to watch in particular? Any pitfalls?

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the info,
Too bad for that, as I have the Controller sitting in a box ready for a trip to the Dealer.
At least I know once the Controller is installed, you can always switch back to the stock ECU at anytime if I want the popping back.

Claude, we did a switch back on Sunday and the "pop" is back. Once you get the controller set for your viper, its a 2 minute switch back provided the upper raditor hose is cool.

Since I'm paying about $4.75 a gallon for 93.25 octane. I may just use it for track events. Mike

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/B]

Claude, we did a switch back on Sunday and the "pop" is back. Once you get the controller set for your viper, its a 2 minute switch back provided the upper raditor hose is cool.

Since I'm paying about $4.75 a gallon for 93.25 octane. I may just use it for track events. Mike

Maybe I'll do the same. The popping is addictive
BTW, I love your wheels,, Forgeline ?

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Random Technology Cats and the Corsa “Track” exhaust. Best (and only) mod I’ve done. The sound is no louder then stock on the highway, No Drone, No Heat in the cockpit, and a nice rumble around town.
P.S. Don't swap the Ehx. without replacing the Cats as well... Just my thoughts...

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I didn't like the high flow cats, sounded like my boat way to loud for me. Thats just me. I have the Corsa and the stock cats and that works just right for my taste.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant