Exotic Performance Motors

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever dealt with these guys? They are in Illinois.
They say they sell plenty of used Vipers. I'm currently looking at one there and just wanted to see what the word is.
Thanks

OP
OP
C

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Bloomington. I'm a little leary. I'm working on a deal for a 97 GTS, blue with white stripes. 14k miles 43K to buy it. Says it had the front lower spoiler repainted do to scrapes. It's also got the biggest ricer wing on it.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that one too! The wing is just hideous, don't remember much more than that though!

I don't know of the place either.

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well...i ran the VIN for you jus to see whats up with that car....shows the steering column has been replaced 2 times and what looks to be a rt rear quarter panel or a wheel put on at a little over 3000 miles...at least thats what i can make out to far...maybe thats why they don't show the rt side??....let me know if you need more info...Len

OP
OP
C

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Len. If you go to the web site www.exoticperformancemotors.com and click on show all photos It gives you a right side from far away and a right side up close from front to back. All of the wheels look perfect, so maybe they had to replace one. By the way, what's up with the 2 steering columns? Stolen twice?

OP
OP
C

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that one too! The wing is just hideous, don't remember much more than that though!

If I buy it I'm taking that thing off before I drive it home. Perhaps I'll just drag it behind the car. If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it cheap.
I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow to look at it. Wish me luck.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck you your excursion tomorrow/today. Give it a good hard objective look and try not to get caught up in the moment. Gotta love the B/W color combo.

BTW, if you decide to keep the ricer wing, you could always add some neon underneath the car to match. :smirk:

OP
OP
C

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love the car, but the friggen wing is really bothering me. I can't help but wonder what kind of person would do that. If I buy it hopefully no one will notice the holes in the rear deck until I get them filled in and painted. No neon for me, I'm low budget. Christmas lights that blink for me.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the bigger brakes, monster tach, and the harnesses that the car has been tracked a bit.
That wing is horrid, BTW.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I buy it I'm taking that thing off before I drive it home. Perhaps I'll just drag it behind the car. If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it cheap.
I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow to look at it. Wish me luck.

Good luck! :2tu:

And take care of that wing! Ripley's want to showcase it in their Museum! :p

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car from these guys and they seem pretty nice. I love my car! He is never firm on his price so work him down! The wing would be a good topic to use to work him down on price.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the car,
And yes, that hideous spoiler must go. It looks like a cell tower.
I bet my Nextel would work better in that thing :headbang: