Extended max care warranty good or no?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i've posted in the last couple days i picked up a 99 ACR (from a dealer) with 9K miles and they can offer me the max care warranty that covers almost everything ( i will get exact details tomorrow whats covered) for 5yrs or 50K miles over whats on the odometer now.
The price is 1999.00 for the warranty. Is this something worth getting or not?

I will be putting on a roe blower sometime this year so im sure the powertrain warranty would be killed with this modification, unless i found a decent dealer to work with. Im not sure there are any NICE dealers in IL or not that would help out in issues like that.

what you guys think?

thanks

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the MaxCare extended warranty and it is priceless. At some time parts will fail and they are relatively expensive to get changed. The warranty saved me A LOT of money through the years and I would deffinetely recommend you get it as well.

Erik

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get it!! There are a few dealers that will work on modded cars under warranty but you need to check around. Even if you never use it, it is good peace of mind considering what parts cost for these cars. I have one on my car and am renewing it this Sept. when it expires.

aspme

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good yes! But it is NOT a warranty per se. It is a contract. Because the repair it is usually over $6K when something bad happens, headquarters gets involved. Make sure you have your ducks in order BEFORE you call or take the car in with the problem. In my experience, it took almost six weeks before Dodge (llc) agreed that the problem was their fault. Engine (number ten cylinger came apart) went south and they could not determine who was at fault. Two months to repair. Local dealer would NOT talk to me at all and said it was 'out of their hands'. Contract did finally pay for the rebuild, but it was a real trial. It also took over two months to fix and get the viper back on the road!!! :curse: Not my best experience, for sure. go_fer

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You may want to do some reading up on some of the old threads here regarding ACR shocks, and find out if they are covered under "warranty" if they leak or fail in any way.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the warranty! It's the smartest move you could make when buying a used Viper. You could negotiate the price as well. Yes the shock assembly is covered, and it will probably leak by fourteen thousand miles. I have the Koni's like your '99.

As a side benefit, you will be the originator of the warranty, if you decide to sell your car that warranty is transferable one time. It's like Gold.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely worth it; they rebuilt the engine and gave me a new tranny under warranty....
IEATVETS: How are you managing to renew the warranty on your '94???? They (including the Wizard) told me that was a no-go...

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my Gold Max Care (with $50 deduct) for like $1,200.00 from a dealer listed on the forums a long time ago.

It paid for my motor rebuild. If you're shock are leaking do they replace them or rebuild them? I would not want to loose my Koni's for the newer shocks.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely worth it; they rebuilt the engine and gave me a new tranny under warranty....
IEATVETS: How are you managing to renew the warranty on your '94???? They (including the Wizard) told me that was a no-go...

Ancient chinese secret! :D I guess I know the right people.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They replace the entire shock assembly which includes the spring. They use the same Koni shock assembly. The Koni assembly and Dynamic as used on the mid 2000 and up ACR's are not interchangeable. That is to say you could bolt either or in place, but a mix of the two is not acceptable.
As far as the Wizard, he is an enthusiastic Dodge Dealer who actually sells, services, and drives the Viper. Do a search for his specifics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960