Factory Car Cover

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the most affordable place to buy the OEM cover?

Will a GEN II GTS cover fit a 05 Vert?

If anyone has one for sale new or used I am interested!

Thanks all!

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not the oem, but Coverking has a satin cover that is good for indoor/garage use. Picked up one on amazon for 220. Several colors to choose from.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

Does the OEM cover work for outside? Is it water proof?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 3 new oem car covers ia a box never opened that i will sell. they came with my cars. they will fit 03- 2010 viper coupr or vert. pm me if interested. ps they also come with a nice viper cover bag for storage.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thanks Steve

Does anyone know if the factory cover can be used for outdoors and if it is waterproof?

I need one for outdoors.

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a anti outdoor car cover fan personally. Wind on a cover that's on top of a not dust free surface...it just has to scratch at least a little.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it has to be stored outside though wouldnt a car cover help protect from sun?

Id be washing the car perfectly before putting the cover on.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Played the car cover game with the OEM cover for a while but as mentioned the wind will move the cover and scratch the surface of the car. Bought a Shelter Logic 12x20x8 "garage in a box" from local Tractor Supply on sale for maybe $379. It works great and should last until I put up a real garage in a few years. Keeps sun and weather off the car while giving you plenty of room for moving around the car and air flow. Also bought (4) 4x6 horse stall mats which are about 1.5 inches thick to park the car on. BTW I still put the cover on the car inside the shelter but you don't need it unless you have a neighborhood cat who likes to sit over the warm hood vents:) Make sure you get enough anchor kits to secure each leg to the ground and you'll be good to go. This just went through hurricane Sandy in MD with wind gusts up to 75-80mph.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played the car cover game with the OEM cover for a while but as mentioned the wind will move the cover and scratch the surface of the car. Bought a Shelter Logic 12x20x8 "garage in a box" from local Tractor Supply on sale for maybe $379. It works great and should last until I put up a real garage in a few years. Keeps sun and weather off the car while giving you plenty of room for moving around the car and air flow. Also bought (4) 4x6 horse stall mats which are about 1.5 inches thick to park the car on. BTW I still put the cover on the car inside the shelter but you don't need it unless you have a neighborhood cat who likes to sit over the warm hood vents:) Make sure you get enough anchor kits to secure each leg to the ground and you'll be good to go. This just went through hurricane Sandy in MD with wind gusts up to 75-80mph.

Can you post pictures of your setup? Sound really awesome

Reaction score
Viper Parts of America (www.viperpartsofamerica.com) offers all of the OEM Viper car covers withe the embroidered Viper logos. 2008 - 2010 ACR covers to be listed at a new, lower price too!

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a pix of the inside of the shelter logic with the factory cover on the car. It was dark out so no outside pix, the outside material is a dark green. The frame tubes are well built and do not move around unless the wind is blowing very hard. Even then the anchors do their job so no problems.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pix of the inside of the shelter logic with the factory cover on the car. It was dark out so no outside pix, the outside material is a dark green. The frame tubes are well built and do not move around unless the wind is blowing very hard. Even then the anchors do their job so no problems.

Oh my gosh, that is like a real garage! Wow very cool Id leave it there!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21