Factory motor/tranny mounts gone

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't done this yet, do it. I replaced with woodhouse mounts and Big Brake Dave's tranny mount and billet cross member.

No more clanking from the header hitting the frame, smoother running car, more positive shifts(haven't missed a shift yet). Wondering why I didn't do this sooner.

Drive side is split all the way around the bottom and some other places. The passenger side as you can see is all twisted up.

You must be registered for see images

Drove it a bit this week. To bad I have to give it back to Nitro Dave because one of the gauges is apparently *****.
You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I think we need special avatars for the "Broken Mount Club".

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I think we need special avatars for the "Broken Mount Club".

I agree. I don't know any one that has checked/changed their OEM motor or trans. mounts that didn't find them broken. Most people don't know until they check them. Mine were broken and it made a big difference after changing them. This is especially true for guys with the big torque of forced induction. The solid mounts make the car "feel" much better. IMHO

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I don't know any one that has checked/changed their OEM motor or trans. mounts that didn't find them broken. Most people don't know until they check them. Mine were broken and it made a big difference after changing them. This is especially true for guys with the big torque of forced induction. The solid mounts make the car "feel" much better. IMHO

That one pictured above from my car - looked great when it was still installed. Visual inspection means squat.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That one pictured above from my car - looked great when it was still installed. Visual inspection means squat.

True in your case. I figured something was wrong with mine when I looked up under the engine and saw that both mounts were twisted kinda like a really bad wedgie.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The same with mine. The mounts looked good until I removed them. Mine were very similar to yours.

I don't mysteriously miss third gear for no reason anymore either...

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well bet I had better order a set for the GT2 the passenger side clanking of the headers is driving me nuts too.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my driver side mount. Can't imagine what the car is going to drive like now. Still

When is the last time you drove that hunk of junk dodge?

I know when I hopped in mine it was a wake up call with the heat.

Last time I drove it 70's was the high. 30 degrees difference made the viper seem like a "dog"

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is the last time you drove that hunk of junk dodge?

I know when I hopped in mine it was a wake up call with the heat.

Last time I drove it 70's was the high. 30 degrees difference made the viper seem like a "dog"

Back in April.

A list of mods I'm doing:

New Woodhouse mounts - DONE
Convert to side exhaust w/ R/T HF cats - DONE
Belanger headers - DONE
Autoform side exhaust sills w/ 'Ice Cube" feature - DONE
Parts Rack louvered sill vents for front of sill - ALMOST DONE
DynaMat entire cabin seating area - DONE
Build custom Belanger heat shields for headers - START NEXT WEEK

You see anything on that list that will make me concerned about the heat in Texas any more? :dunno:

:tx::tx::tx::tx::tx::tx:

:tz:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang