Fastener: Part Number Needed

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inside the front wheel wells, just in front of the "V" to enable jack use, there is a ~4" x 12" piece of plastic.

It is held to the undercarriage by three fasteners...except that two are missing on my car.

Does anyone have a parts list and can tell me the number for these fasteners.

[While it looks very cool hanging down an inch from the pavement, it clashes with my mobile home and the primered Firebird I have on concrete blocks...so I may as well re-attach it.]

Thanks in advance.

Alice

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, I ordered a few of those a couple weeks ago. I think I still have the package with the part number. I will check when I get home and let you know tomorrow.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes. Reminds me of the joke about "why is the harley biker walking down the highway?. He's looking for parts!".

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David:

I have still not heard from Steve regarding the part number.

Shall post as soon as he contacts me.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David:

Steve indicated that he did not keep the parts bag. I am going to a Dodge dealer tomorrow (hopefully) for other needs* and shall get you the part number.

[*is a seized engine a bad thing?"

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed those plates on both sides once the catalysts were "decoupled." Seems like the fasteners were push pins (plastic).

So what is the story on the *

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, did you ever get the part # for the plastic deflector covers fasteners. These(fasteners) are also used along the side of the wheel well covers - a good part # to have. Please post for others when you have the info

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a digital photo of the fasteners, took them to a Dodge dealer who has never sold/seen a Viper from what I could discern. He was to call another dealer, order them (etc). Thus, I will not know the part number until I receive them next week some time. Annoying. I shall post the number at that time. Sorry.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, Find a new parts guy. I went back to my local Dodge dealer here in Gurnee,Il. and found the number for you. PN# 06504521 I hope this helps. I actually have three extra, if your dealer still can't find them I'll send you these and get more from my dealer. Let me know, Steve

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

Thanks. I may need to avail myself of your offer. The dealership in question just sold its first Viper (a Silver Mamba) and they were so utterly thrilled that promised to get a shop manual for it....some day.

The part number is deeply appreciated. I shall verify that this is what they ordered. I suspect that their part number corresponds to a Popeil Pocket Fisherman or Vegematic.

Thanks again Steve. These are for a Viper, right? The Dodge kind?

Alice

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your dealer not use computers. All of the manuals and parts are available on line or on CD.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice,
Yes, these are for the a Viper!!! Just send me an email if you need them you have the address. I'm glad I could help. Steve

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cris:

This is not my dealer; it is the closest Dodge dealership. My dealer is ~20 miles away.

No, he does not use computers. He has a small post it and a BIC pen. He gets his part numbers by word-of-mouth.

After I explained what I wanted, he asked if it was for a Desoto or Hudson.

He was continually interrupted by another customer wanting a roller cam for his Briggs & Stratton.

Thanks for asking.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

Thank you for the correct part number. And thank you for the offer to send me your three.

The parts man ordered # 6507453-AA whatever that may be. So we are giving him your part number.

He may need to have access to you so that he can operate his parts department.

Shall let you know how it goes. I anticipate that he will next order a ski rack.

ADDENDUM: Just gave him your part number. His reply: "Oh, yeah, we have those in stock."

Alice

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

The dealer obtained the fasteners and then misplaced them.

He retrieved them and then after murmured discussion with others, he asked if I had my VIN with me.

I asked why, and he explained "that key we made you last week...it may not work...think we made it wrong...would you like us to order you another?"

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice,

Can you say:(RUN AROUND:(? Just say the word and you will have them in two days :D .

Steve

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

Oh, they eventually found them, but it was an experience that many report...cannot imagine them servicing the car.

And thanks again.