Ferrari Enzo Crash on PCH

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the roads in california absolutely ****. they are not smooth at all. one lil bump in the road will usettle a cars suspension like that enzo at 125+ mph and you will go sailin right off the road. :nono:

the best car for roads like these is not too stiffly sprung and has lots of travel. and that is why the mercedes/mclaren SLR he was racing did not wreck :2tu: and that is also why the enzo got beat :buttkick: it takes more than just a lightweight car with lots of horsepower and a stiff suspension to win races on roads like this. fool got taught a lesson the hard way :bonker:

bottom line - if you wanna street race an exotic get yourself the mclaren SLR.................................if you wanna win at your local road racing facility get yourself the ENZO

personally if i had that kind of $$$$$$ i would get one of each and i would also buy a rolls royce phantom to haul all my lady friends around with :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This story is all over the news and every time it's repeated the car speed goes higher. I think it was going 500 mph now.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the driver ran away and the owner doesn't know who the guy was that was driving his Enzo, right. I'll bet Ohio cops would buy that one.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I glad they pointed out it was a "safe" car, because I know if I'm cutting down telephone poles at over 125MPH I definitely want a car that is considered "Safe".

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of a friend happened to be on the scene and took some PICs. I'd post them, but I don't know how. If someone would like, Email me and I will forward them to post.

BTW, I have looked at our cars after some horrible crashes and the passenger compartments hold up pretty well.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he should have used a apex cone not a apex pole....cones are more forgiving..........I wonder what he wants for the motor??????????/ :bonker:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lmao..........seeing how the enzo costs $1,000,000 i bet that part is worth at least $100. add in the E-celebrity factor of the illegal street race with the crash and all and i bet it goes for close to $200. can anyone loan me some money because i wanna put that on the wall of my double wall trailer :rolleyes:

lmao again.......look at the bid history. the highest bidder is currently a porsche owner :nana:

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

From the auction listing: "Estimated speed between 100 and 200mph, depending on the source" Heck of a spread of speed estimates with this wreck so far. For now on when people asks how much power my Viper has, I'm telling them "its estimated between 400 and 2000HP" :rolleyes:

Are Enzo's meant to break in half like this one did? Its the 2nd high speed Enzo wreck we've seen where the car split in the middle

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a monocoque chassis, it is common to see a car come apart where the engine mounts to the tub.

Just look at F1 or Indy cars when they crash...they shatter and come apart to deflect energy away from the driver. What remains is a tub with the driver inside.

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chad, I just checked out that website, Make me really sad. I bet people (average car drivers) get a high just thinking about one of use wrecking our cars or one of those lambo or ferrari guys.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would hope not. When I hear of high end car crashes, I feel so bad for the owner and the car. As long as it was just an accident and didnt involve anything stupid (drugs, alcohol, etc), I HATE to see a guy lose a car you know he loved.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chad, I just checked out that website, Make me really sad. I bet people (average car drivers) get a high just thinking about one of use wrecking our cars or one of those lambo or ferrari guys.

I would hope not. When I hear of high end car crashes, I feel so bad for the owner and the car. As long as it was just an accident and didnt involve anything stupid (drugs, alcohol, etc), I HATE to see a guy lose a car you know he loved.

foolinjected

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is one lucky sob to walk away from that one. good thing he didn't hit the pole a few feet farther forward...i'm sure he has a good lawyer to defend that lame story. i'd probably try to sell the same story if i were in his position.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust the hyper rich to come up with the best ideas. Just invent a mystery driver.
This bozo just cost his insurance company the annual payroll for about 25 employees.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The appearent driver and owner, Stephan Erikssen, had a Mafia connection, and lives in Bel Air. Ill-gotten-gains indeed.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The appearent driver and owner, Stephan Erikssen, had a Mafia connection, and lives in Bel Air. Ill-gotten-gains indeed.

Hey Vic, you may want to add "not that there is anything wrong with that" on your statement....your local..... :2tu:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy is a real peach. Here's what the 3-13-06 AutoWeek says about this incident:

"Stefan Eriksson, 44, a former executive for European video game company Gizmondo. Gizmondo collapsed after Eriksson resigned amid allegations he had previously been convicted for counterfeiting in Sweden." (nice) Article claims car was going 160 mph. (do I hear 175?) Goes on to say: "...a Scottish bank says it might own the car, which it failed to repossess. Scotland Yard lists another of Eriksson's exotics - a Mercedes SLR, the same model the Enzo was allegedly racing - as stolen."

Not sure about the Mafia thing but this guy certainly is into some sheeot. Wow. :shocked:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang