Ferrari or VIPER!!!

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari has been around alot longer than viper..... Do you think viper has something that ferrari doesn't... or vise versus? I asked my dad that vary same question and he said ferrari because of the heritage. This is a very open topic to clearly demonstrate ferrari vs. viper. The viper clearly is more of an involving sports car. Tough choice folks... which would you go for...........
I'm with the viper just because it is ohhh so **** :)

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say it depends on what Ferrari your talking about. If money is not an issue then a Enzo would not be so bad. If money is an issue then Viper all the way. I would not buy an older Ferrari over a Viper. :usa:

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your going to pay over $150,000 to buy a modena or a 575 and they basicly perform just like a $50,000 zo6 corvette. only rarri i would get if i had the means to do so would be an enzo. scuderias are cool but it would p#ss me off to get beat at a red light by a $84,000 viper.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper with a Heffner TT setup would be FUN!! :2tu:

But if it wasn't my money, the 575M would fit in my garage nicely! I wonder if Jason could TT one of those!? :p

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey bro those were the same choice I had when I was car shopping. I ended up buying an 04 SRT10 and dumping the money I would have spent on the Ferrari on her. Viper all the way...

Gene

Mark M. Rankin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought my viper last week -- an 04 silver. I was also considering a Ferrari F355. After looking at the two cars and considering the options, I chose the Viper. I think it was my past experience with a 1996 RT/10 which was a good one ($50 per service) and a terrible past experience with a Lotus Turbo Esprit ($9k per service) that finally made up my mind. Having a warranty and a company like Dodge behind the vehicle made me feel a lot better.

Best of luck.

Mark

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were the same dollars, I would take a 360 Modena over an SRT-10. I've owned the RT/10, and used the SRT-10 in the Skip Barber driver's class at Laguna Seca. And I've been a passenger in the 360 Modena (Spider version), on a local street that I'm familiar with.

The Ferrari is not as heavy on torque, but it feels lighter, and the suspension is more compliant on real roads.

But for me, it comes down to sound. For the same price I prefer the sound of the Ferrari.

Personally, I would get a 93 Testarossa, with 390 hp, and similar torque, but I just like the looks.

Having said that, even a used 360 Modena (faster and better handling than the 355s) is going to cost around $150,000.
A 2003 SRT with under 10,000 miles can be found currently, with warranty, for $69,000. A Ferrari is not the equal of two Vipers.

Go with the Viper.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that the Ford GT is available, I don't even know why you ask the question. If you've got $200k to spend on a car, and don't want a Viper, it seems like the GT is the obvious choice. It will outperform any Ferrari other than the Enzo.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove (driver, NOT passenger) a 360 Spider 2 weekends ago, its a great looking car, but the power isnt there (after driving to the dealership in my viper), the F1 paddle shifter ***** and it actually slips the clutch (to 3,000 rpms) just so you can take off, the suspension is definetly more compliant then the ACR I drive, but why not buy a cadalic if thats what I am looking for ? The drop top spider is gorgeous, but you have to decide, do you want ulitmate looks, or ulitmate power ? And of course, no exotic even comes CLOSE the the warranty Dodge gives with the viper.

I guess if I wanted ultimate power, and ultimate looks I would go with Lambo, or Enzo, maybe even GT.

My 2 cents.

Jon

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope those Ford GT prices come down to MSRP some day and they make enough of them so I can get me one! :2tu:

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Bottom line is that the srt10 is the most bang for the buck of any high performance car out there. After I sold my gen II car I was going to get an srt but began to really check out some other options too. Cars are so individual and so much of the choice depends on where you live and how you like to drive. My conditions are lots of mountain, canyon and coastal roads. I ended up under the spell of the Ferrari 12cyl sound and feel. I bought a low miles 98 550M, and it was more money but not a crazy amount and a really good deal for what you get. I could not afford a new one though and was tempted mightily by the Dodge new car warranty instead of being on my own with expensive Ferrari parts.
The Ferrari is not as fast as my Roe gen II car, but not by too much. It may not have as much total grip but turns in much better and carves better. It is also harder to disturb the 550.
I love the looks of both cars. The SRT seats fit me better, the interior is nicer in the fcar.
You really can't go wrong with either car, they are both a wonderful and moving experience to drive and if I could have only one car, it would be srt10 because its ******* and there are'nt any Ferrari convertibles that I want- that I can afford!
And please know, I love Vipers and have total respect for the cars and this strong community.(I still lurk here, occassionally post and enjoy hearing about peoples cars and power.) Personally, I hate when people come on other car boards and put down the host cars. Very childish and rude. I love vipers and will have another one day, but this time, in the end, it was the v12 sound that won the day.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For that kind of money, get a Lambo Murcie my friend :2tu:

Why??? The Ford GT will Smoke it, plus the Ford GT looks MUCH better than the Murcie.

It may smoke it for now, but the Murci is in its 3rd year of production, and right around the corner is a re-do. And the there is no comparison between the looks of a murci and the gt, not even close. Makes the Gt look like a plastic tonka toy, and i like the Gt.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GT is a warmed over old ****.
My English vocabulary is too limited to describe how ugly that thing is.
I'd take an 'old' Diablo over it, any day.