Ferrari owners...what's up with them?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ferrari owners...what\'s up with them?

I was cruising down the interstate when I spot a silver 360 Modena Ferrari. An older gentleman was driving it with his, I guess his wife. They wouldn't even look over and wave when I gave them the thumbs up. The wife finally looked over with a snobby look in her face and gave me a thumb...but I think she did it to get me off them. Oh well...I guess some of those ferrari owners don't know what they have and it's all an image to them...stupid lady in the passenger seat is probobly the type that looks down at people. That's one good thing about most Viper Owners is that they are down to earth and act nice when not taunted by punks...Just a rant.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ferrari owners...what\'s up with them?

Hmmm! Isn't that the same thing that those pesky ricers also say? LOL.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There are a fair amount of arrogant Viper owners too.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There may be some arrogant Viper owners, but not on this board! :D

Ferrari is 90% of the time image! The other 10% know better than to mess with a Viper!! :headbang:

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How many 360's have you seen? There are very few around where I live and the few I have waved at have at least given a smile back. I wouldn't have thought the guy was a snob, perhaps he was just paying attention to driving. Don't you get tired of waving to everyone who yells or waves at you in your Viper? Heck, if I waved back at everyone who waves, I would be getting into accidents all the time. Just some input from a fellow Viper and new Ferrari owner. :D

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is going to happen from time to time. I noticed that Ferrari/Lamborghini owners categorized the viper not in the exotic category but rather look at it similar to a vette. They don't think viper is up to their european cars status even though the viper's performance in most cases is superior to theirs. Vipers status to some people is inferior until it comes with an exotic price tag. (The same people that have the mentality: It cost more so it must be better) I noticed even some new SRT owners, (not the ones that had a viper previously) don't assimilate their car to the genI and II. Ex. Yesterday I caught up to a new SRT and slowly drove alongside him. This older driver wouldn't even look over. I just wanted to give him a thumbs up, what the hell there arent that many of us that exist out there.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Most of these guys paid big money for these cars. You don't see much trailer trash driving Ferrari's.
They may see us as wannabe's the same way we look at Vette drivers.
You can be a snob or a nice guy if you drive a Ferarri or are pushing a pram down the sidewalk, it depends on the person not the car.
:usa:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's a mix. I've seen all sorts of performance cars on the road while driving in my Viper and they usually wave back, or at least give me a smile and nod. I did have a guy in a Ferrari 575 a couple weeks ago that I drove past on the freeway in the Viper and he wouldn't look over. But I have had a few Porsche and NSX drivers also not look over, and the impression that I got was that they might think that if they make eye contact it would be some prelude to start a speed contest (which is possible) ;) But usually I just wave and smile. :laugh:

I figure that most drivers that at least acknowledge you, are car enthusiasts. And most that ignore you are posers, cruisers, and status seekers. :p Still I'll wave, and if they aren't responsive it's their loss.
I often visibly surprise drivers when I wave to Corvettes, Mustangs or classic musclecar/hot rod owners, as I guess that they are first expecting that I'm going to be a snob (driving the Viper). But then when they can see that I love all sorts of cars I usually get an enthusiastic wave back. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"""I figure that most drivers that at least acknowledge you, are car enthusiasts. And most that ignore you are posers, cruisers, and status seekers. Still I'll wave, and if they aren't responsive it's their loss.
I often visibly surprise drivers when I wave to Corvettes, Mustangs or classic musclecar/hot rod owners, as I guess that they are first expecting that I'm going to be a snob (driving the Viper). But then when they can see that I love all sorts of cars I usually get an enthusiastic wave back."""

EXACTLY.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You hit it right on the head!

I always give a wave to 03 Cobras, Mach 1s, Z06s, and other SERIOUS hardware that I like, but I always reciprocate a wave to anyone.

Howard

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For some owning a Viper, Ferrari, or whatever it may be is not necessarily about the car or what it's capabilities are. For quite a few it is no different than wearing the latest fashion. I have seen and met as many type of owners, and they are all different. It is fun to see peoples attitude when they dont know that you are the car owner(like mulling around in the crowd at a cruise or gathering and hearing what poeple say), or they dont know the type of car you drive. I have done this a few times and after talking to someone then get into my vehicle and see their face when they say "I did't know that was YOUR car". I love haveing fun exploring human nature. BTW i have had several thumbs up from 360's a diablo and many porsches, these are the reactions you get from a true car enthusiast!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

personally i wave at all the sports cars, set the example, works most of the time. 99 percent of the time i get the same in return. for those who dont wave back i look at it as though they just cant handle it or are intimidated by the awesome viper. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

tom

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was cruising down the interstate when I spot a silver 360 Modena Ferrari. An older gentleman was driving it with his, I guess his wife...

Maybe it wasn't his wife.. :)

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I try and wave back to anyone, but the most enthusiastic drivers I see are ones driving old Chargers, Roadrunners and Cudas. They see the Viper as part of the MOPAR family and a true "passing of the torch" comes to mind.

Oh yeah, and I like to wave at the hot chicks too. :D

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

those hot chicks your talking about always wave at me first. lol

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: tom

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We all forget how intimidating the Viper looks on the road until we drive next to one. Think about seeing a Viper in your rearview, it is nasty looking, many people don't want to think about messing with it not alone wave to the driver. I think most of us have the right idea about waving to most car enthusiast unless they are clearly a**holes.
I do find that people with all kinds of Mopars have the most enthusiasm.

----------------------------
99 R/T 10 Silver
70 Charger 440 R/T Plum Crazy Purple

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like it when the hot chicks in those "expensive" cars look over and really dig the Viper. There's something about a Viper that draws chicks in like flypaper! :headbang:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like it when the hot chicks in those "expensive" cars look over and really dig the Viper. There's something about a Viper that draws chicks in like flypaper! :headbang:

even better when they stick to it! :2tu: lol

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For all you know they had just found out her husband's lymphoma returned.

Then you pop up and want a thumbs up.

I try to wave to people, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most of these guys paid big money for these cars. You don't see much trailer trash driving Ferrari's.

The same is true for vipers.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Here's the Ferrari owners possible post on their forum, after getting distracted by a "common" Viper owner. (in my imagination)

"Don't you hate those pesky Viper owners? They get a car that is almost as fast as ours, for a fraction of the price we paid, so that any middle class or upper middle class Joey-six-pack tracing his lineage through Ellis Island can buy one, and now they think they are part of the world-wide automotive elite. But they can't even join the Country Club, and thats why you don't see any Vipers in our parking lot on Wine and Cheese night. Always trying to get our attention while we are just out for an afternoon ride, enjoying our clearly superior hyper-exotics, and they always want to turn everything into a race, so they can satisfy their underlying insecurities by showing how their brutish hot rods can maybe run equal in a race with us. Well, thats ok, let them be the poor little imbeciles that they are, because we are smug and secure in the knowledge that we own the absolute last word in automotive excellence, the Ferrari. I'd rather own an old 348 than drive one of those trailer trash, wannabee-exotic Vipers!! ha hah hah! Say, anyone hear of some new car suppossed to outperform the Enzo in every way? I think its called the ME 4-12, or something. Someone joking said it was a Chrysler! Can you imagine a Chrysler beating the worlds best? No freekin way! Must be a Ferrari!"

<shudder!>

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For all you know they had just found out her husband's lymphoma returned.

Then you pop up and want a thumbs up.

I try to wave to people, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood.
Wow!!! :(

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Here's the Ferrari owners possible post on their forum, after getting distracted by a "common" Viper owner. (in my imagination)

"Don't you hate those pesky Viper owners? They get a car that is almost as fast as ours, for a fraction of the price we paid, so that any middle class or upper middle class Joey-six-pack tracing his lineage through Ellis Island can buy one, and now they think they are part of the world-wide automotive elite. But they can't even join the Country Club, and thats why you don't see any Vipers in our parking lot on Wine and Cheese night. Always trying to get our attention while we are just out for an afternoon ride, enjoying our clearly superior hyper-exotics, and they always want to turn everything into a race, so they can satisfy their underlying insecurities by showing how their brutish hot rods can maybe run equal in a race with us. Well, thats ok, let them be the poor little imbeciles that they are, because we are smug and secure in the knowledge that we own the absolute last word in automotive excellence, the Ferrari. I'd rather own an old 348 than drive one of those trailer trash, wannabee-exotic Vipers!! ha hah hah! Say, anyone hear of some new car suppossed to outperform the Enzo in every way? I think its called the ME 4-12, or something. Someone joking said it was a Chrysler! Can you imagine a Chrysler beating the worlds best? No freekin way! Must be a Ferrari!"

<shudder!>

By the way old chap....do you have any Grey Poupon mustard?

Oh for the record, I have met some cool Ferrari owners such as Sneaky Pete from Altanta, GA...Now that's a red neck trying to fit in the Ferrari Club! LOL! Just Joking Pete! You know you need to join the Ferrari Club to liven things up over there! :D :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I personally give the thumbs up to just about any sports/mustle car mustangs and vettes included.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

ab, I know some cool Ferrari owners. There was this one guy Matt, driving his F-car on a twisty mountain road, and a big rock somehow got under his car and dented his oil pan. There happened to be a passing VCA meet going the same way, off to Big Bear on a cruise. Some of us stopped and helped him bang out a dent in his oil pan, and got him on the road again, way out there in the boonies. Since then, he has invited us to some Ferrari meets. Yeah, they're not all "wine and cheese" types! Some of them really drive their cars!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My best bud drives a F360 with exhaust, a 75 shot, and some body mods. He is basically a nice guy and does all his own wrenching/modding, but honestly, he is not a "car enthusiast" who likes all cars and he has absolutely no interest in what anyone else drives. He has fun with his car all by himself and has no interest in the Ferrari club or posting online about cars. He helps me with my Viper, but more from being a friend rather than liking the car. Some folks are just like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine