ferrari trade

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you guys think a 2000 ferrari 360 modena is worth? he has all paperwork and has had maint done 1k ago. it has 15k on it, coupe no paint work. he wants to trade it on my acr

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a manual and i would just sell it, cause i have other vipers to drive

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was for a no stories Challenge Stadale then I would say okay, and you throw in $40K to boot, but a regular 360, $65K to $70K seems to be the going price all day long. Not sure you are going to be happy with the regular 360 though. Despite what Plum says, they are a nice car. They are no F430 so he is right there. The F360CS though will always hold it's value and are the ones to have. Just MHO though.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could really get burned, the whole deal with value on the Fcars is mileage and what services have been done. The car could need $20,000 or more in service at that mileage. And we're talking taking the engine out to do it.
That is also high mileage in the Fcar world. Plus a 360 of that year is not as valuable as a slightly later year, and I forget why. Plus color is important to value. If you don't want a Ferrari stay away. It would be much simpler to sell your ACR than it would be to sell this.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off what gen ACR do you have 2 or 4? I'm kind of figuring a 4.
A 2000 base 360 is probley $69,000 to $79,000 car.
But the maintenance is the kicker, you have to do the timing belts ever 7,000 miles(timing chains on a 430), if its an F1 you'll be going through clutches more than you think, alot to consider.
Like plum said................
no way id do it for a 360. they're cheesy. now a 430 is a different story

Stick with the ACR :)

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a ton of miles on an extremely mileage sensitive car. Also, late model Ferraris are not doing well in the market with few exceptions.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the cars, but maintenance is a nightmare. The F1 wears out quick and is around a $7k service to replace it.
I'm 99% sure the "engine out" service died with the F355 though.

F

FrgMstr

Thing will cost you more in maintenance if you have an issue with it outside of anything normal. Taking it into Ferrari to be worked on is NOTHING like taking it to the Dodge shop.

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll trade him my gts +alotta cash lol. I's sorry guys but I have wanted a 360 since I can remember :) But like they said I think it is worth between 58-69k depending on service.

Ps if you don't want to do the trade remember to pass on my offer :p

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could really get burned, the whole deal with value on the Fcars is mileage and what services have been done. The car could need $20,000 or more in service at that mileage. And we're talking taking the engine out to do it.
That is also high mileage in the Fcar world. Plus a 360 of that year is not as valuable as a slightly later year, and I forget why. Plus color is important to value. If you don't want a Ferrari stay away. It would be much simpler to sell your ACR than it would be to sell this.

Words of wisdom, indeed!

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and BTW its not an engine out car for service. the last one that required that was the 355. a belt change on a 360 will cost $1500. and it is recomended every 3 to 5 years (depending on which Ferrari shop you go to.) just came from mine here in NJ after meeting with them. to learn more go to ferrari chat.com . again its a great car, just have a PPI performed by a "ferrari" shop and make sure all the records and maintenance are up to date.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and BTW its not an engine out car for service. the last one that required that was the 355. a belt change on a 360 will cost $1500. and it is recomended every 3 to 5 years (depending on which Ferrari shop you go to.) just came from mine here in NJ after meeting with them. to learn more go to ferrari chat.com . again its a great car, just have a PPI performed by a "ferrari" shop and make sure all the records and maintenance are up to date.

Exactly. A major component of building the 360 was to eliminate the engine out service that plagued the 355s so badly, costing $8K-$12K (depending who you use and what needs replacement) for a 30,000 mile or 5 year service. The 360 is a nice car but coming from a Viper, it is not going to feel the same. Now like others have said, the Challenge Stradale is a TOTALLY different story, but that costs about $50K more currently.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no way id do it for a 360. they're cheesy. now a 430 is a different story

I completely agree. As far as Ferraris go the 360 is the last one I would have. A 430? You bet I would. Maintenance and service interval costs are crazy also.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats cheesy about a 360. beautiful styling. beatiful engine. beautiful sound. nice interior. a 2000 360 will draw more crowds tan even the mighty acr and qhile its no viper in speed it is a mid 12 second car and can probally out acelerate a 92 viper..

i love vipers more than most but dont degrade such a wonderful car as the 360

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when taking it to the dealer, make sure you bring plenty of gel. you wnat to try to minimize the pain

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a good car. im sure its built great. its just the low end, look at me, wanna be italian, wanna be a ferrari owner, wanna be an owner of a "fast" car. its not even fast.... its cheesy.

but i dont like most ferrari owners and that alone causes me to hate the 360. the 430 is not in the same league

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not trade my GTS for a 360, now a 430 is a different story. I do love the way the 360's look but they are very slow in comparison to most cars. Definitely would not make me happy.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the viper had a 6 cylinder, automatic option with skinny 15" tires, it would be similar.

vermontv23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ferrari is prestigious and on Ebay they are selling for more than 65-70 K though i wouldn't pay that much for them.. i think they are selling the name and the prestige and my prestige is Viper level... How ever you folks want to measure that ; )

You have to be a Ferrari Freak to buy a 2000 Modena. for that money i would buy a Viper, Corvette (Z06 and Zr1 and finance the rest (for a ZR1) Porsche 911, Audi RS6, Mercedes AMG.... dunno.. just brain storming

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend just bought one for like 50g. Don't know the specifics but it looked like a REALLY clean and nice car, the usual Ferrari Red with tan interior.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a good car. im sure its built great. its just the low end, look at me, wanna be italian, wanna be a ferrari owner, wanna be an owner of a "fast" car. its not even fast.... its cheesy.

but i dont like most ferrari owners and that alone causes me to hate the 360. the 430 is not in the same league

I don't like most Ferrari owners also, but I'm sure I would be a likable one if I had one. But, maybe not to all... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32