final corsa exhaust question before install

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for the last month or so I have been pestering everyone about the Corsa- and I promise this is my final question.
I have the 2.5 inch inlet exhaust parts number 14176. I now realize (I think) that this will not bolt up to the RT high flow cats, which unless I am mistaken, require a 3 inch inlet. I have spoken to the seller, and I can exchange as long as I pay shipping.

I have three concerns:

1. One of my primary reasons/goals for the exhaust upgrade is to resolve the infamous heat issue. Is there a dramatic difference in terms of heat reduction stock cats and 2.5 corsa vs. random tech high flow cats and 3.0 corsa?

2. How loud is the corsa with stock cats vs. the corsa with high flow cats. I like my exhaust loud, but not to the point where it will be annoying.

3. Will any issues occur with the randomtech cats, such as check engine lights, etc.?

Thank you, and I promise (maybe :D) this will be my last inquiry about this exhaust. Pics will be up as soon as it is done!
Thanks in advance! - Roy

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...So for the last month or so I have been pestering everyone about the Corsa- and I promise this is my final question........Thanks in advance! - Roy

That's not ONE question, it is three: Answers: YES; CAT SUBSTRATE MATTERS; NO.
And I bet it wont be your last question ! Coolness and loudness are inextricable.

Just choose a vendor who will take your calls, and give you the correct advise. Thanks.
Everything you need is in stock at competitive prices...... THANKS. Seriously!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...
so whats the difference between the replacement for the 3" exhaust (parts number 181-30008 & 181-30007 on the random tech website) and the replacement for 3" exhaust metallic (parts number 141-30017 & 141-30018)?

Im assuming the metallic substrate means higher performance- which probably means louder- but what about the replacement for the 3" exhaust? Is this the happy medium I am looking for or is it simply a replacement compatible with a larger inlet?

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for the last month or so I have been pestering everyone about the Corsa- and I promise this is my final question.
I have the 2.5 inch inlet exhaust parts number 14176. I now realize (I think) that this will not bolt up to the RT high flow cats, which unless I am mistaken, require a 3 inch inlet. I have spoken to the seller, and I can exchange as long as I pay shipping.

I have three concerns:

I have had both set ups.

1. One of my primary reasons/goals for the exhaust upgrade is to resolve the infamous heat issue. Is there a dramatic difference in terms of heat reduction stock cats and 2.5 corsa vs. random tech high flow cats and 3.0 corsa?

Same as far as I could tell, much better than stock. I could actuall
touch the sills after a drive.

2. How loud is the corsa with stock cats vs. the corsa with high flow cats. I like my exhaust loud, but not to the point where it will be annoying.

The 3in with RTs was very loud with lots of drone, I even tried CCI inserts,
better, and Vortex cones, not as good. The 2.5in with stock cats was live-
able, still with some drone but sure did sound sweet above 4k rpm, almost
F1 like. My 09 is quiter than the 2.5in on the 04 I had by a good bit.

3. Will any issues occur with the randomtech cats, such as check engine lights, etc.?

Did not have issues with the RT but the O2 sensors can be a ***** to swap
out, make sure to put some anti seize on before install.

Thank you, and I promise (maybe :D) this will be my last inquiry about this exhaust. Pics will be up as soon as it is done!
Thanks in advance! - Roy

Hope this helps.

Herc

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...
so whats the difference between the replacement for the 3" exhaust (parts number 181-30008 & 181-30007 on the random tech website) and the replacement for 3" exhaust metallic (parts number 141-30017 & 141-30018)?

Im assuming the metallic substrate means higher performance- which probably means louder- but what about the replacement for the 3" exhaust? Is this the happy medium I am looking for or is it simply a replacement compatible with a larger inlet?

The metallic substrates are significantly louder...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi