Final Edition badging, should I?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have any of you guys replaced the badging on the car? If so can I see some pics. I think white would look good, and possibly chrome. On the other hand I don't want to take away from the stock look, because it's a fe, I feel somewhat obligated to respect it's stock form. Any thoughts. Here are some pics, if anyone can chop them with white, that would be great.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that second pic. ;)

I actually bought the chrome side emblems from PartsRack and the chrome rear emblems from Venomblue but never put them on. They are still in the box sitting on my shelf. I think they would look OK, enough for me to have actually bought them, but the moment you take the stock ones off it would be pretty tough getting them to go back on. It is not that you would damage the emblem, but you would make the adhesive that is on the emblems now pretty much ineffective. If you still want the emblems, I wouldn't mind giving a fellow FE owner a really great price on them, ;) , but you should definitely consider everything before you make your decision. If I would have I probably wouldn't have purchased them. I think white would look nice, but then again I also think it is treading borderline rice.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the sides would look great in chrome - compliment the wheels

i think i'd leave the back red or take them off completely - badges & stripes will look too busy IMO

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like that second pic. ;)

I actually bought the chrome side emblems from PartsRack and the chrome rear emblems from Venomblue but never put them on. They are still in the box sitting on my shelf. I think they would look OK, enough for me to have actually bought them, but the moment you take the stock ones off it would be pretty tough getting them to go back on. It is not that you would damage the emblem, but you would make the adhesive that is on the emblems now pretty much ineffective. If you still want the emblems, I wouldn't mind giving a fellow FE owner a really great price on them, ;) , but you should definitely consider everything before you make your decision. If I would have I probably wouldn't have purchased them. I think white would look nice, but then again I also think it is treading borderline rice.

PM sent

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I changed the dodge and Viper gts on rear to silver and side Viper gts to chrome.

Very pleased with new look. Have not found a way to post images yet otherwise would include pics. Give me an email, and I will send you pics.

Got all nameplates from Chuck Tators (Tators Dodge)

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I changed the dodge and Viper gts on rear to silver and side Viper gts to chrome.

Very pleased with new look. Have not found a way to post images yet otherwise would include pics. Give me an email, and I will send you pics.

Got all nameplates from Chuck Tators (Tators Dodge)

Hey man, I would love to see some pics, my email is [email protected]. Thanks!

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inferno: Change them, you can always just get new red OEM replacement badges to put back on if you wish. I'm glad my car came stock with silver/chrome, if not they would have been the first mod. Call Chuck Tator 914-763-3136 like forensicsteve did.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same thing but after I removed the badges I liked it better without it. Now they really aking me what kind of car is that? Is that the new Vette?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inferno,

I vote for White. I just added the white accent for the TT badge but I would do all white if I only had the viper badge.

Bandit400

You must be registered for see images

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either the Chrome ( what I have ) or the white look great....

The Chrome sets off the wheels and the white sets off the stripes...

You'l have to paint a set white if you want white.

Paint them while they are still on the card, then mount them a day or so latter.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Either the Chrome ( what I have ) or the white look great....

The Chrome sets off the wheels and the white sets off the stripes...

You'l have to paint a set white if you want white.

Paint them while they are still on the card, then mount them a day or so latter.

Do you have any pics?

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Def go with white....

we offer complete emblem kits for your car

pure white
white pearl
white metalic
white reflective

which you can check it out & order right on our site at www.RandJDistributing.com

we don't have any picture of white emblem kit on a FE car, but however, we do have the white kit on a 97 blue/white GTS, match up the stripes...that will give you some idea....thanks

6544rear_view-med.jpg

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
venomblue550: Very cool. I may change my rear badges from the body matching sapphire, to the silver/chrome that came stock on the front. I was always concerned with the rears being applied onto the curved surface and then curling back off, so I left them alone...

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that'a a '96, not a '97. The stripes go through the license plate recess.

By the way, how much for a set of white (side only) emblems?

Bob K

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Def go with white....

we offer complete emblem kits for your car

pure white
white pearl
white metalic
white reflective

which you can check it out & order right on our site at www.RandJDistributing.com

we don't have any picture of white emblem kit on a FE car, but however, we do have the white kit on a 97 blue/white GTS, match up the stripes...that will give you some idea....thanks

6544rear_view-med.jpg

Can you do a custom Final Edition badge?

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES, that was a 96 GTS....we can do any custom emblem kit, whatever you want it to say....here are some sample pictures....e-mail us at [email protected] for all details....

and BOB K...you got pm..thanks

6544black_ACR_emblems_0041-med.jpg
6544black_red_pearl-med.jpg
6544DLM_emblems-med.jpg
6544new_badges_002-med.jpg
6544side_view1-med.jpg

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all
Still cannot attach pics to a post but did manage to start a gallery and include pics taken today. Low res digital cam but you can still get idea of what silver and chrome nameplates look like on FE model. Just go to my Gallery or PHOTOS under screen name

Having seen the white version...I now wonder whether white might look even better???