Final Word(s)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a change, I am going to take this opportunity to be a bit melancholy since my reign as Region President will be coming to an end just a few days from now. It’s been an experience spanning 5 years, 73 region events, 2 vipers and more extraordinary friends that I can count. We began with region in turmoil where we’d go begging to fill 15 pre-paid holiday party seats and now, for a simple breakfast with just 3 days prior notice, over 20 Vipers will make the time to drive 100+ miles. In a few words, we’re doing great!

Our new faction of region officers is excited to be at the helm of what is arguably the most “intense” region of the VCA. We’ve now established annual events like our Drivers School, Hampton’s Luncheon, Venom Cup Autocross and Awards Holiday Banquet; a perfect working platform for the future. We’ve also developed a dedicated and competent core of directors who work their tails off to produce pleasurable, educational and exciting events for our members.

First and foremost, I’d like to express my gratitude and best wishes to Mr. Adrian Byrd who has been my partner in leading this region for my entire term. There is no one better prepared and able to bring folks together than Adrian. I have the utmost confidence that our region will only flourish under the quality of his leadership and his innate joyful nature. We’re just beginning!

I’d also like to express my thanks to the other officers, Charlie Tedesco (who’s moving from Secretary to Vice-President and Steven Katz (who’s stepping down as our treasurer but remaining as competition director.

Lastly, I’d like to express my thanks to the region directors who often do more than the rest of us, only without any of the recognition: Steve Johnson (who’s our new region treasurer), Chuck Tator, Dimitrios Kambouris, Dan Lesser, Skeeter Todd, Keith Jean-Pierre, Keith Bub, Patrick Chapin and Chris Ronald..

Yes it’s “just a car enthusiast club”, but it has been a remarkable experience to hang with all these terrific folks over the past 5 years. Great people, great friends, great times and great cars! And it’s only going to get better.

Thank you all for your support. I wish you all a healthy and happy new year! :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788LBUS Scott, as always, you are so very eloquent! We'd like to thank YOU for all your tireless effort, your humor, your tolerance (for my antics!) and for your presence at many of the NY/CT events. I thank you personally for everything you have done and your ever-faithful confidence in me. You've inspired many, many of us, probably much more than you'll ever realize. You won't be gone...you'll still be here~! THANK YOU for your time/effort/service for all of us here. KUDOS!
You must be registered for see images

~juli

You must be registered for see images

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Scott for making the club what is is today. What you went through in the beginning as a new President was enough to make anyone have second thoughts but as always you pressed on and prevailed. The amount of time and energy you put into the club is truly remarkable.As everyone knows clubs and organizations of all types have had trouble in the past years with participation however under your leadership we have had 5 years with unprecedented participation by members and I dare say have become one of the most active and successful clubs in all of the VCA.

While you have stepped down from your current position I know you will always be around to lend support and guidance for the new board.

All I can say is thank you for your enormous hard work , dedication and friendship

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, it's been a honor working with you these 5 years and a job well done. I have great pleasure in calling you a friend and knowing if needed you will always be here for the club at the end of the day we all wanted the same............the best for our members.........I thank you Scott and looking forward to representing the NY/CT Club in 09..........Adrian Byrd

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did he say melancholy ?. It has been Awsome ,great ,fun and enjoyable 5 yrs .I have met many new friends and have many memories with all of you. Scott thanx for all your hard work laughs and above all fun. For the core group of guys and the members who come to only a few events ,all of you make every one feel welcome .Now with that all said and not feeling melancholy ,let the new Pres ROCK!!!

Russ

Happy new Year See Ya akll Soon

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott you did a great job with the NY/CT regoin turning it into what it is today.....

You'll never be far away just taking a back seat...

May be under a new Pres you will get to your events quicker and leave Ole Grandad at the back LOL!!!!!

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott, You have done an Excellent Job for the NY/CT Region and it has been a Pleasure working with you and your officer's on Multi - Region Events...Adrian i look forward to working with you and your officer's in 2009..... I think we need a Boston vs New York Paintball Tourney!!!!!!!Time to Rock!!!!!!!:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sincerely appreciate the comments! Thank you all!

But it IS the time to regroup around our new leader, Adrian Obama. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott thanks for all of your time and effort in making our chapter the best in VCA! I know as bittersweet as this is for you...that you will be wearing a big ****-eating grin every time you watch the new leadership try to collect the exact amount of money owed at our breakfast/lunch cruise events. "OK somebody didn't pay...", "Let me re-calculate that again", "We're short!". LOL. Kick back, relax and start enjoying the fruit of someone else's labor for a change!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sincerely appreciate the comments! Thank you all!

But it IS the time to regroup around our new leader, Adrian Obama. :D

You're not going anywhere....EVERYONE KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING....It's been 5 yrs we can't stop after a few days....:D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City, thanks for all of the good work that you have done over the last 5 years! You have done a great job with the chapter!

As for Mr. Byrd, congrats and welcome from over the big line!:D

Robert

Hehehe, fresh meat to pester and :poke:!;):rolaugh:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do find it a little odd that our Pres got a brand new car right before he left office hmmmm?
LMAO! Cute Russman! I was waiting for someone to make that match. Amazing what Steve (of course you didn't forget about his new ACR and coincidental exit as region treasurer now did ya) and I can do with just a few membership $'s every month! :D

Sorry Steve....but I'm taking you down with me! LOL

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, he was next on the hit parade,I saw him collecting whith Chaz at the door for the Xmass party.it's agood thing they wrote everything in pencil cause there was a lot of erasin goin on there.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:dunno:I heard that the President's position was put up for bid:nono: by Scott (Chicago style):omg: Backed by Al and Jesse and Obama, Adrian became the highest bidder...how do you think those 2 new cars were purchased:hmmm::D:usa:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The key is to put your money in as one of the first investors and then be one of the first to take it out"
This what my uncle Bernie Madoff. always told me :) Thanks for the ACR guys :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if the new administration is anything like Obama's administration, expect the following:

- Membership dues & taxes will be lowered for any member earning less than $250K
- Taxes will be increased for any member earning more than $250K
- Members that have more than one Viper must give away one Viper to a Member earning less than $50K.
- There will be an event tax
- Community Organizers (CT events director here ) get a free ride. :D

I also want to take this opportunity to blow the whistle...Tiger did try to sell his old seat to the highest bidder but there were NO bidders. :D

Happy New Year and let the sarcasm begin! :poke: :rolaugh:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Mr. CT Events Director...I am guilty. I GAVE Tiger my VETTE for the Membership Directorship....told him it was a paddle-shifting FERRARI~! It WORKED!!!! :D (You don't see it in our signature any longer DO YA???? HAH!)
Looking forward to the LOWERING of our dues and taxes~~~:bounce:!!!! New rules---RULE!!!! ~juli

Let's see how long it takes Tiger to catch this post~~! :)

Last edited: