Finally bought a '96 B/W today...

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and bought a '96 today. I've wanted one of these cars for a long time so I guess I am a little excited.

I bought the car from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse - many thanks to him for his help making it a painless process.

Also some thanks to Black & Blue Bruce - he's been listening to my "I almost bought a car today" stories for a few months.

I know, I know "this thread is useless without pics". I added a couple pictures from the dealer and will add more when the car is delivered next week. With a foot of new snow on the ground, it didn't seem like a good day to drive the car home.

Cheers, Lee

Last edited:

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet man! Looks identical to the 97 I just picked up (minus the stripes going through the tag area of course). Did you get a good deal on it?

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how a 13yr old car still has the gawk factor equal to most current production vehicles...Congrats on the purchase of a stunning B/W GTS!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I would have never let my 96 go. They are keepers.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your B/W Viper! I'm sure you are pumped....

The wait is painful, just went through it last month myself.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would love to see more pictures when you get it home. Shoot me a pm with your email address and I will send you some 96 GTS info.

Rev

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!

Gen 2 GTSs RULE. Now, with all that money you saved you'll be needing 18" wheels, Tom's rear caliper kit and Roe Racing's lightweight 14" front brake kit. That'll have you outstopping all except for a few supercars that come with $20,000 Ceramic rotor'd brakes.

Then a supercharger so that your car will outperform every other supercar on the road. and you should be set!

Ask Bill Pemberton about switching out the 1996 17" cast wheels for a set of 99 and newer forged wheels. PS2s are the Industries new tire standard.

Again, congrats that's one of the best cars made.

Ted

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine. Good luck. One of the true great ones.:2tu::usa::usa::usa::D

Attachments

• IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0559.jpg
    DSC_0559.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • adrianfallcse033.jpg
    adrianfallcse033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Biltmore091.jpg
    Biltmore091.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the notes and compliments.

I've been looking for one of these cars for three years and this seemed to be the right car at the right time. I feel that the car was priced right but more importantly this car has not been modified. I guess I'm fortunate that I have a passion for Vipers and I live fifteen minutes from Woodhouse.

Rev, I sent you a PM - let me know if you don't get it.

No, I don't intend to modify this car. It sounds pretty subtle compared to my '98 (headers, free flow cats and corsa) but I believe that these '96 cars will always be special and I like it just the way it is. The '98 has most of the go-fast toys (except the paxton - maybe next year) so that will be my "thrill ride" car.

I would like to track down some of the Pace Car items but I'll have plenty of time for that.

Cheers, Lee

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats bud,

Lets get some black stripes on that snake. I can not wait to see it.

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I don't intend to modify this car. It sounds pretty subtle compared to my '98 (headers, free flow cats and corsa) but I believe that these '96 cars will always be special and I like it just the way it is.
Cheers, Lee

Congrats and welcome to the BW club.
When I bought my '97 it was bone stock too, and I had every intention of keeping it that way. But after a while that stock exhaust note...especially compared to my lumpy cam corsa/high flo '98...had to go.

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
You finally did it !:2tu: Let me know if you need a driver for one.;) :rolaugh: :drive: Enjoy :D
-Greg

P.S. don't listen to bruce, he's just jealous he doesn't have white stripes.:bonker:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With so few out there you might look at a website for 96/97 Blue and Whites. Then you could include all that were made in a Gen II GTS , along with the barely 50 Blue/White RT10s.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With so few out there you might look at a website for 96/97 Blue and Whites. Then you could include all that were made in a Gen II GTS , along with the barely 50 Blue/White RT10s.

Bill, I have kicked that idea around. Maybe that is the route that should be takin. That would include all the B/W's so all can have one place to go. . I know my friend Ken who has a 97 B/W RT10 would appreciate that.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang