Finally dumped the cats

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally decided to hack the high-flow cats out of my full B&B setup and so far I couldn't be happier. Idle sound is slightly louder, low rpm cruise is the same or quieter, snap crackle pop on decel also seems less, but hit the accelerator hard at idle or under load and all hell breaks loose! :) So far I haven't noticed any odor around town with the windows down, and the soot on my rear bumper seems less than before. That may sound strange, but it may have to do with the Roe blower. I know Sean told me once that he noticed less odor with his catless car with the blower, and that the blower may be causing more complete combustion than a n/a car. Given my experience so far and a few things I've heard from others with Roe s/c's and cats (cats getting way hot etc.), my unscientific opinion is the blower doesn't get along nearly as well with cats as without them. Oh and my side sills are noticeably cooler as well.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronnie!!!!...Hope all is well...
Sounds like you have got a beast on your hands...does that SC feel good or what? Interesting info. about the cat delete. I'm having Doug put on hi-flows hoping to get the same results you are getting without any :D

CStegall

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally decided to hack the high-flow cats out of my full B&B setup and so far I couldn't be happier. Idle sound is slightly louder, low rpm cruise is the same or quieter, snap crackle pop on decel also seems less, but hit the accelerator hard at idle or under load and all hell breaks loose! :) So far I haven't noticed any odor around town with the windows down, and the soot on my rear bumper seems less than before. That may sound strange, but it may have to do with the Roe blower. I know Sean told me once that he noticed less odor with his catless car with the blower, and that the blower may be causing more complete combustion than a n/a car. Given my experience so far and a few things I've heard from others with Roe s/c's and cats (cats getting way hot etc.), my unscientific opinion is the blower doesn't get along nearly as well with cats as without them. Oh and my side sills are noticeably cooler as well.

Bout time poser :)

OP
OP
R

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Clark! What's the latest ETA on your beast? I love the blower, but it is addictive. I'm going to have to leave it parked for a few days before I get into trouble.

Scott, the 3" band clamps worked like a charm. Hard to believe a poser knew something useful like that. :)