FINALLY got my SRT!! (pics)

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally picked up my SRT-10 on Friday. This car is awesome! Very similar to drive as compared to my 98 GTS. This car attracts attention everywhere I take it, and I haven't found one person that didn't know it was a Viper (yet). It is the second one I've seen in person, and am very pleased with its appearance.

Now onto the positives and negatives...

Positives: Awesome sound at around 4000+ RPMs. Not too windy with the top down...had it at 120mph today with the top down and felt the same as 50 mph. Handles AWESOME. Brakes are incredible-MUCH stronger than my 98 GTS. I love the looks of the car, attaracts attention everywhere it goes. Excellent fit and finish of all body parts.

Negatives: View from rear view mirrors is poor. I have the defect underneath the side view mirror. It's geared too high (starting out in first gear feels like third). Windshield wiper control is located poorly-I bump it nearly every time I drive the car and the windshield wipers smear the window. I can't take it over 4000 rpms during the break in period ;) Service ABS light came on tonight (at 150 miles-any fix for this?).

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this car. It is everything I expected it to be and more.

Some pictures:

You must be registered for see images

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: FINALLY got my SRT!! (pics)

Congrats, Know what it feels like that first day, it is an awesome car. Have same complaints about visibility also the puncture marks and we still don't have an answer. Anyway enjoy the car.

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To add a couple more to the positives list: The radio is great, much better than previous, and the high beams are the brightest I've ever seen! (just got back from the first night drive-had to make an emergency stop at the gas station, TERRIBLE gas mileage... :D )

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet ride. You simply can not argue with 500+ horsepower. Enjoy!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Tim! Beautiful! If they didn't have Black I would've taken Red :D Good Luck!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many congrats to you. How exciting. The SRT-10 Vipers are awesome. And what an interior. Wonderful seats. Clean, clean, clean!

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim -- Nancy has the same windshield wiper problem with ours.
she is glad she's not the only one -- ordered the MGW racing shift lever -- hoping that might help. She hits the wipers when returning her hand to the wheel after shifting.

defect in the mirrors? That's to drain the water that otherwise would get trapped inside the can. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And those aren't the stock air filters - unless they changed 'em since the earlier builds. Do tell!

Chris

PS. Awesome ride!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that I don't get all the guys who seem to have been waiting and wating and waiting for their SRT's. A friend of mine was at Chuck's BBQ, spoke to Bill that day, and a new SRT was delivered in his driveway by the following Friday.

AC

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I've had the K&Ns as well as all of the MGW products waiting for months for the arrival of the car....good observation!

Tim