Finally!!!! I just got the Fall edition of Viper Magazine

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to look :2tu: through it yet, but it's here!!! It has an awesome looking white '04 SRT-10 on the cover. Better late than never!!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEAH! Me too. Read the whole thing in 1 session of dropping the 'kids' off at the pool. I hadn't heard that the SRT was 9 inches wider than the GenII! and all the "The first half of the year is behind us","Summertime is almost over" statements by the region presidents. Even the nationl pres. starts his column with "As the fall approaches." Lame. Late.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperfreak - the issue was ALREADY AT THE PRINTERS and no changes could be made. We'll be back on schedule with current news shortly.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever the reason, it is too little, too late. AND anyone with a computer can make INSTANT changes. Unless the publisher is from the town of Bedrock....Notice the 'VCA Events Calendar' IT is not showing upcoming fall events. It shows January on. Obviously, I like complaining and will continue to express my opinions until someone offers a reasonable technical explanation of why it was so delayed. For example: 1)The publishers' dog ate the floppy? 2) The print shop had a Fiero parked outside and both burned to the ground? 3) There's an internal money/power struggle? or 4) Someone offered the staff of the publishing company rides in a Viper and when they came back, were so dazed and confused by the experience they were unable to work for months.

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stuff sent with the mag it said the Winter issue would be out in Feb. with things back to normal for the Spring issue.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously, I like complaining and will continue to express my opinions until someone offers a reasonable technical explanation of why it was so delayed. For example: 1)The publishers' dog ate the floppy? 2) The print shop had a Fiero parked outside and both burned to the ground? 3) There's an internal money/power struggle? or 4) Someone offered the staff of the publishing company rides in a Viper and when they came back, were so dazed and confused by the experience they were unable to work for months.

My birds tell me that the magazine was delayed because Ashley (on page 9) had to grow up to fit in her new fire suit. :2tu: :2tu: :headbang:

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine too. Big deal. The magazine is somewhat disappointing. You wait three months, and then go thru it in five minutes. Mine is already in the "reading room" if you know what I mean.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever the reason, it is too little, too late. AND anyone with a computer can make INSTANT changes. Unless the publisher is from the town of Bedrock....Notice the 'VCA Events Calendar' IT is not showing upcoming fall events. It shows January on. Obviously, I like complaining and will continue to express my opinions until someone offers a reasonable technical explanation of why it was so delayed. For example: 1)The publishers' dog ate the floppy? 2) The print shop had a Fiero parked outside and both burned to the ground? 3) There's an internal money/power struggle? or 4) Someone offered the staff of the publishing company rides in a Viper and when they came back, were so dazed and confused by the experience they were unable to work for months.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey...Sissssssey Boooooyyyyyyyy!
Do you have your order in for WHITE yet?????
ViperMag cover shows a car in color code SBS....

So tell us..do you have one YET???

C'mon Sissyboy....let us know!!!
PBR

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine too. Big deal. The magazine is somewhat disappointing. You wait three months, and then go thru it in five minutes. Mine is already in the "reading room" if you know what I mean.

I have to agree. The "Tech Notes" was a joke. Summary of the questions/answers:

Q: Is it ok to use 93 octane fuel as I can't find 91? (A: yes, duh)

Q: My 94 Viper has the original coolant, should I change it? (A: yes, duh)

Q: I lost my service manual, can you tell me how to change my water pump? (A: Get a manual)

Q: Should I switch to non synthetic oil for winter storage? (A: no)

The few good questions were glossed over:

Having problems with front lockup, how can i increade rear bias? (A: The Viper brakes are world class, they are set up this way)

Have smoke with hard decellerations (A: Don't worry about it)

Any chance of getting someone who has actually worked on a Viper to answer questions? It seems that the average person on this board knows more than whoever answered the questions.....

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Peter-RedGTS'98,

Ashley (Page 9) is my daughter and she already calls it "Her Viper". She loves to wear her fire suit and drive around in the pits. She is always asking "Daddy, when are we going racing?".

Don't think it was her fault the magazine was late though.

Best regards,

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter-RedGTS'98,

Ashley (Page 9) is my daughter and she already calls it "Her Viper". She loves to wear her fire suit and drive around in the pits. She is always asking "Daddy, when are we going racing?".

Best regards,

WCKDPR,

Sure, it was a joke.
Fantastic picture. I showed it to my teens. Lots of: Go girl go ... :D

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

You are right on the money!I think the same thing when I read the tech notes. I can answer the questions better!

Are these really questions people send in?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still laughing about the one in the last issue (I think) where the guy asked whether he damaged his transmission by failing to notice he was going 90 mph in 1st gear. And instead of pointing out his engine would have been at almost 10,000 rpm and that the rev limiter wouldn't have allowed that to happen, the answer was something like "no, it probably didn't damage anything, blah, blah, blah." The blind leading the blind.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know who the RETARD is that asked the 93 octane question.

I'm surprised people like that havn't suffocated from forgetting to breathe.

10000% *****.

LMAO!!

Yeah I just about spewed my tasty beverage when I read that too.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter-RedGTS'98,

Best regards,
Mike, Your daughter is darling. I saw the pic and couldn't believe they make fire suits that small!!

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the Mag, got confirmed on raffle tix, good to go on 2004 membership. All set for the next raffle CAR. Just one comment, If mag was put out as efficently as money came out of my account for raffle tix and membership dues we'd have a bi-weekly mag not quarterly.

Ken

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the "smart" tech questions:

Years ago, when I worked at a magazine, we used to make up our own "readers" questions.

Could that be the some of the problem here?

Also what I think is very funny with all tech questions is that they are of absolutly no help to the person asking the question.
I mean, if you have to wait 6 months + to know if you can use 91 octane instead of 93, what do you do?
park your car and wait for the answer?

Luc.
00GTS

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about starting a FAQ Request place in the member section. Right now the FAQ section is read only. I know I have asked questions before that never showed up. So how about having it such that we can all see what has been asked. Then the powers that be can have VM use those questions instead of making up drivel. Assuming of course that we ask intelligent questions.

Also, I noted in the mag that it stated the new tonneau for the 2004 SRT becamne available in mid November. Is that true? If so anyone know the part number so it can be oredered for a 2003?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why am I here again? Didn't the publishers get an ass-whooping for the "fall" issue being so late? Um, winter is over in 18 days......I'm so happy to bring this back to the Topic of conversation.

does this mean no winter issue??

--------------------
GA VCA PRESIDENT

Somewhere in the stuff sent with the mag it said the Winter issue would be out in Feb. with things back to normal for the Spring issue.

--------------------
Thanks,
Andy Goerdel
1997 GTS Blue with White stripes
license plate: BYTE-ME

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the fourth of July would be a good time to get the winter issue. It could help cool down the hot summer months in the midwest!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'll keep bringing this topic back to the top.....until I get the WINTER issue. How informative will the winter issue be when we finally get it in the summer? I can just imagine the articles about "Winter is settling in, and our snakes will be in hibernation, longing for that first spring day..." blah blah blah. I've been driving with the top down for over a month now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang