Finally.....my car comes to life.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....after a bit of luck. I have some photos of my car being built.
here ya go.
You must be registered for see images attach

another

one more

and the last

its progressing right along. more to follow.....

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's what I call weight reduction. I wonder how fast that thing moves without the body panels.

/Rich

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is that you in the pic? If so thats awesome if yuo could hop in at the plant. If not how did you get the pics? did you take them or do you have a connection at the plant?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geeze, anyone know if that car can be purchased in that bare state? Imagine the possibilities tweaking it, installing just a few minimal carbon fiber pieces, and effectively turning it into the Viper version of this:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geeze, anyone know if that car can be purchased in that bare state? Imagine the possibilities tweaking it, installing just a few minimal carbon fiber pieces, and effectively turning it into the Viper version of this:

I guess you could disassemble a viper if you wanted to. it would be pretty scary though, driving that fast with no doors.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey misic - are you short by chance? why did you order the optional drivers booster seat?

you may want to have them lower the seat just a tad unless you are on a high protein diet and enjoy eating bugs.

:rolaugh:

Hey Big, I had them install the leprechaun version so I could drive it instead of him. Otherwise, he'll never let me drive it.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...heres the real pics of my car.....

now it has to go to prefix for aero group.....how long will that take?? who knows.:dunno:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is not a booster seat or seat at all. From the looks of the pic that is simply a grown man sitting on his brand new center console. :omg:

hey misic - are you short by chance? why did you order the optional drivers booster seat?

you may want to have them lower the seat just a tad unless you are on a high protein diet and enjoy eating bugs.

:rolaugh:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is not a booster seat or seat at all. From the looks of the pic that is simply a grown man sitting on his brand new center console. :omg:

Nevermind! I changed my mind! I don't think I want to drive that one after all........unless someone installs a new shifter. YUCK!!:lmao::rolaugh:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind! I changed my mind! I don't think I want to drive that one after all........unless someone installs a new shifter. YUCK!!:lmao::rolaugh:

I WANT THAT CONSOLE, SCRUBBED, STERILIZED AND DISINFECTED!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wondering are they actually running the car at this point in the build??? it seems like it:dunno:

Yes indeed, the dyno-roll test is accomplished as you see it. "Worlds Fastest Go-cart"

That Ariel Atom 2-seater is the lighweight equivalent, and CAN be (could have been) street legal !. 0-60 under 3 sec......... motorcycle power

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes indeed, the dyno-roll test is accomplished as you see it. "Worlds Fastest Go-cart"

That Ariel Atom 2-seater is the lighweight equivalent, and CAN be (could have been) street legal !. 0-60 under 3 sec......... motorcycle power

They may claim that, but theres no way I believe that car will go 0-60 in under 3 seconds, that would put it in the league of my ZX14 motorcycle that has over 200hp and that ain't happening!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you could disassemble a viper if you wanted to. it would be pretty scary though, driving that fast with no doors.

I had narrowed my next fun car purchase down to an Ariel Atom or a 2008 Viper. While I ultimately went with the Viper, I drove an acquaintance's Ariel Atom with 300 hp and it was scary fast even with "only" 300 hp (I was wearing a helmet and the car was accelerating so strongly that my helmet was getting sucked off my head. The car could do 0-60 in about 2.8 to 3.0 sec. I can't imagine a car like that with 500-600 hp although the Ariel Atom website is now advertising a project car with 500 hp. See Welcome to Ariel Atom.

/Rich

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may claim that, but theres no way I believe that car will go 0-60 in under 3 seconds, that would put it in the league of my ZX14 motorcycle that has over 200hp and that ain't happening!

Believe it; when I was specing out an Atom they listed the weight of the car as approximately 1100-1300 lbs. This combined with a supercharged 300 hp GM Ecotec or Honda 4-cylinder and the power to weight ratio is incredible. Down at Brammo in Ashland, Ore. where they made the U.S. Atom until recently, they had a poster on the wall that basically showed the atom was faster than most production cars except the Veyron which did 0-60 in 2.6 versus 2.8 secs and a few sport bikes.

Awesome car but the road noise and lack of body panels, wind buffeting and the fact that getting the Atom street legal and certified by DMV is a hit or miss, state by state proposition pushed me back toward the Viper.

/Rich