Finally ... my Viper

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can finally hold my head up high as she's arrived.

174myviper.jpg

(
crying.gif
Violins begin playing here
crying.gif
) Grew up dirt poor in a trailer park dreaming of owning a yellow Ferrari. Well.. dreams change and Ferraris just dont elict those butterflies in my stomach the way this car does (
embarass.gif
Violins now end:!
smile.gif
. Its a very weird feeling having your literal dream car. Of course i would love a 288 GTO but I couldnt drive that every day so its different.

Of course this dream wouldnt have come true without the amazing Bill Pemberton and VCA member Rick Matassa. Both who went above and beyond in this transaction.

So now... I've looked through the old posts but couldnt really get a straight answer to this question... who do I go to for warranty work in the Los Angeles area?

Im also looking forward to learning how to drive this beast... I sent my VCA app in a week ago but I hear it takes a while. So please feel free to fill me in on upcoming events!

Thanks everybody

Jerry
bounce.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look up Viper Days. The 2003 schedule is up. Starting in January
then February then March and April.

2003 Proposed Track Schedule
WESTERN REGION

Willow Springs Raceway - Willow Springs, CA - January 25 & 26

Button Willow - Button Willow, CA - February 22 & 23

Thunderhill Raceway - Willow, CA - March 22 & 23

Phoenix International - Phoenix, AZ - April 11, 12 & 13

This is where you will learn to drive as well as maintain your Yellow Dream car.
Until then Be vary vary carful this car is vary powerful car and you do not want to be taken by surprise.
smile.gif

Congrats'
Dan

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, that is one really nice looking car, congratulations!
bounce.gif

I wish you the best!

I would suggest taking it easy for at least two weeks, drive slow with a feather touch on the gas, learn your machine before you start pushing it. I did this when I got my Corvette.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, man! It's a worthwhile fight, to improve one's self so as to afford nice things..Enjoy!

I got my Viper by saving money on food, by eating the cheese off the inside lid of cardboard pizza boxes, in the dumpster behind Pizza Hut. Sometimes there is even some good crust left behind!

All kidding aside, I am happy for you, and wish you continued success. See you at the So Cal Christmas party? Dec 17, I think.

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have went to Valley Dodge on Van Nuys Blvd and have went to Rusnak Chrysler in Pasadena. I prefer Rusnak. My first choice would be Dan Cragin in Santa Monica.Not sure if his shop can do warrant work though. He is the best local source for any mods you may have in mind.

OP
OP
A

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Mods... Its been a week and I want mods...
laugh.gif

Right now Im tapped out financially so I'm happy with my smooth tubes, K&Ns and 2.5 corsa. But I want so much more. It seems alot of the realyl good mods arent available to me in So Cal... I want to take a trip to Cragin soon just to see the shop and all the cars there.

So I'm cruising around Los Angeles lately and I notice something that completely contradicts most of what i've read and heard... nobody tries to race me. Guys in Cobras and vettes just give 'tha nod", ricers seem to slow down as if to make sure I am aware that they dont want to race me. its odd. I even had a yellow 355 F1 rocket up behind me on sunset blvd and as soon as he got close he just slowed and casually drove behind me. Granted i dont mind because Im not ready to start racing everyone.

Of course I do like the stares and all the thumbs up and theres one side effect that I hadnt thought about. This car is like drivign an american flag. People see it as a very patriotic statment, which is cool by me. Guys on Harleys who would have shot me in my M Roadster just want to stop and check out the engine. very cool.

I havent driven my daily driver since I got the viper... but the gas mileage is gonna take its toll soon.

Anyway.. thanks again and I appreciate all the advice... Im definately going to do my best to attend the VCA events and the Christmas party.

Jerry

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jerry,

congratulations on the new ride.. definitely talk to dan cragin in regards to any modifications or repair work (although i'm also unclear as to if he can perform warranty work).. every time he opens his mouth its like a viper tech seminar.. he is a super knowledgable fellow.. hes located in culver city..

if you are looking to get into track events, you're in luck.. at least once a month a bunch of us west coasters get together at one of the "local" tracks.. just this past friday we were at buttonwillow and will be returning there on nov 30th and dec 1st for another event (which should be bigger than the last).. of course since i'm not an owner i'm the designated brake bleeder brake pumper and nut torquer..
smile.gif

viper days is a lot of fun as well.. usually at least 60-70 vipers show up from around the country.. we are lucky this year that we get 2 events in socal and 3 in ca all together..

you should definitely come out and meet the gang.. definitely a great bunch of guys..

- eddie -