First Little Outing in my GTS... What a Frikin Mess

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every couple years they send us an idiot rookie who doesn't know that a supercar will stop in as little as half the distance of a COP SUV.

Ted

:D No offense intented Ted, but I don't think anyone in the world would classify a Stealth as a 'supercar' lol.

Also, obeying speed limits has nothing to do with braking distances. Sorry, but I get peeved when people get tickets for something blatently illegal, and then blame it on a 'stupid cop'.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes... and I have a bunch of cop friends and a Brother-inlaw with the NY/NJ Port Authority that did 9/11 recovery but this cop made it clear he didn't play those games. He was serious about his job hunting down desparate criminals and protecting the public by issuing obstruction of vision tickets to people with Rosary Beads on their rear view mirror:nono::crazy2::rolleyes:

This is the newsest threat to society so I'm glad this cop is looking out for our best interest...

You must be registered for see images

Do Jersey cops still give out PBA cards? AKA get of a ticket card.

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes... and I have a bunch of cop friends and a Brother-inlaw with the NY/NJ Port Authority that did 9/11 recovery but this cop made it clear he didn't play those games. He was serious about his job hunting down desparate criminals and protecting the public by issuing obstruction of vision tickets to people with Rosary Beads on their rear view mirror:nono::crazy2::rolleyes:

This is the newsest threat to society so I'm glad this cop is looking out for our best interest...

You must be registered for see images

bet the cop never ticketed someone for a dangling crescent moon :nono:

:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:D No offense intented Ted, but I don't think anyone in the world would classify a Stealth as a 'supercar' lol.

Also, obeying speed limits has nothing to do with braking distances. Sorry, but I get peeved when people get tickets for something blatently illegal, and then blame it on a 'stupid cop'.

No offense C. but the Stealth is right up there with the vettes, Porsches and Ferraris then.

Also I notice that my speed on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic outside of Vancouver and throughout most of California is about 80-100mph. Here all alone in the bush I get a ticket for going 20 or 30 mph too fast? No people to hit, no other cars on the highway, no bumper to bumper traffic.

I say stupid because I think that a minivan full of kids going 100mph is bad and extremely dangerous. Bad handling and little brakes. The stopping distance of that combo is probably about 260' from 60mph. Me alone in the Stealth stops in 121' form 60mph. My Viper stops in under 100' from 60mph. The cops suburban stops in about 190'. A POS Firefly with 4 people is an accident waiting to happen after 60mph. An inteligent cop could figure out who should be getting tickets as the traffic laws were supposed to create a safe enviroment. Discouraging dangerous driving and common sense actually takes some intelligence. Any idiot can collect ticket money from superior drivers (no drugs & no alcohol with extended experience) in superior cars while ignoring the drunk, drugged idiotic drivers that may be the ones causing more accidents than they're involved in by going too slow, etc.

He said that if I promised never to speed again he wouldn't give me a ticket. What? So when I said "I'm not perfect." I got the ticket. Penalized for being honest. A Liar wouldn't have gotten a ticket, Stupid cop.

This is a small town. Harrassing the "non-criminal" people in a small town is not how you get support from the people you may want as friends later. The last cop to leave had 2 letters of reference from me, on his file and several other 'non-criminal' people when his Boss wrote him a bad report. I believe that a good cop fights the criminal element, not the good guys. We have a drinking problem (same as everywhere else) and our accidents are caused by drunks speeding, and drivers on drugs, not by people speeding. If a cop fights crime and trys to stop dangerous behaviour like drunk driving and works to bust druggies - he's a good cop. If a cop is going to sit beside the coffee shop and shoot locals with radar all the time ... then we obviuously shouldn't spend all that tax dollars on cops here. Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent to hand out a couple tickets??? The other 4 couldn't be bothered handing out tickets, except Impaired charges.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today, when I went to the post office and got my mail the same cop was getting 2 coffees. I asked the cashier if the owner of the Silver car outside was in. "They left their car runniong outside and besides being illegal there's no one in the post office so they may be sitting and have fogotten they left their car running.

Cop didn't give him a ticket. Nor should he have given him or me a ticket. This being a small town if someone stole the car we'd just call the cops down the highway and wait for them to get there. Laws aren't needed here like in the city.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it'd be easier to understand if I posted that I own the General Store and the Post Office. If there's a crime my wife gets told who did it. She tells the cops.

When there was a break-in at the neighbors I investigated it and told the cops, they showed up. The I investigated it further, talked to neighbors, checked out tire treads on the local quads. They'd also used a chisel on my Duster garage. I found the neighbor kids had done it. I got 'flak' from their parents and others. I told the kids about how a doorknob can be wired for 220V and kill criminals etc. I suggested that they quit trying to be criminals as it was a small town and I'd caught them so easily. They didn't do anymore b&e's.

Taking responsibility for actions like that should be worth a $140 ticket, don't yah think? Doing the cops "protection" job better than them should be worth a $140 ticket don;t yah think? Saving 3 kids from a life of crime should be worth $140 don't yah think?

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had a problem in NJ using the PBA Card ,STFA Sticker.(provided your cop friends will step up if called upon )Next time your stopped ASK the cop if he will hold the ticket until your friend thats a cop talks to him (He can always mail you the ticket within 28 days should your friend not call him ect )

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased a clip on front plate bracket from Jon at Parts Rack and it yielded a positive result.I had already been pulled over twice for no plate,fined and threatened with a huge fine by the RCMP if I did not comply.
A couple weeks ago I got pulled over in a RCMP check stop in Richmond.The cop looked at my driver's license,walked to the front of the car,looked at my plate and said,"I am so happy to see a front plate on your car,even Vipers need them,you made my night,you can go."
I have a friend who is the sales manager for Maserati and preowned Ferrari here in Vancouver.I was visiting him recently and he was very impressed with the clip on plate and thought it was a great idea.I gave Parts Rack a plug to him.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cops around here give out tickets for no front plate, (got one for my Z06), so I worked out this technique of bending and fitting the plate into the grill which I think looks least offensive.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte