First Paint Chip - help requested

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question for the experts or the experienced - while washing the car today I discovered that I had just received my first paint chip in the hood (2mm x 2mm size). What to do and how to repair/ make it vanish ???

ARGH @#$% - Car is black and it is all the way through to the white primer

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's Black, why not a little bottle of a very close, if not exact black matching paint? Then a application fo clear coat?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about it.You drive it.It will have some minor scars.Even show cars at major events are allowed these normal driving scars and they are even welcomed and expected.Mine is well manicured but driven and has a couple of scars you will see under the magnifying glass or if I point them out.If it really bugs you have it repainted in a couple of years.I choose to think of them as a badge of on the road honor. Bruce

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Langka...It rocks...You have to let it set longer than an hour...I let the "paint glob" set for around 6 hours - 8 hours, depending on your climate and current temperature, then use a MF towel on the applicator they supply...works like a charm. The Vette girls also swear by it...

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the website search, there was a VERY detailed description on chip repairs. It was approx 2 yrs ago. Author was the painter that painted Janni's patriotic 96 GTS.
Marv S....help?

OP
OP
H

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all,

I will try the Langka.

GTS Bruce - I agree with yours, and trust mine gets driven, I now have 2100 miles on it (the car is 2 months old and I have been travelling 5 of those weeks). Yeah this baby is no Garage queen but it will be kept well manicured while in my care.