First Post (a little long)

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First post here although I've been reading and learning for months now. Thanks for all the info, you guys helped me make my decisions.

For a little background, I got married in Maui four years ago and rented a black 00 RT/10 for the day. Due to my background I've had the opportunity to drive a few incredible exotic cars over the years, but that one really got my attention that day, I'm sure the location was a bit of a factor. Anyway, I told my wife that someday I would own one.

Fast forward to about six months ago. An aquaintance had a 63 split window for years and finally sold it and bought a GTS. I looked the thing over and loved it. It got the idea back in my head and I started looking. I read everything I could get my hands on to try to narrow my search to decide which one was best for me and decided on a Gen 1. Originally I was looking for black, the same as I had rented, but came across a white with blue stripes 96 RT/10. Made the deal, flew half way across the country and drove it back home. The car is in great shape but needed a few little things like tires, $$$, a little detail work and a quick buffing followed by about 10 coats of wax. It's almost done already.

I thought originally that this would be one of those things that just sat around in my garage and looked pretty. I have a company car so I don't drive my personal vehicles much anyway, maybe 5,000 miles a year between them all. Unfortunately, I love driving this thing so much I look for every opportunity to go somewhere just to drive it. By the way, driving it home was a great experience, I'm glad I didn't transport it.

So, thanks for all the info and help making my decision. I've searched the forum for weeks and most of my questions were answered that way but I still have a few that I'll post over time.

The original plan was to keep it for a couple of months just to play and then sell it, but now I can't imagine ever NOT having a Viper in the garage.

Pictures to follow later.

Thanks again to everyone,

Jeff

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alright another AZ Viper owner.

I know the feeling, it was the same for me during my long search for "the one" and it never goes away. Have fun and enjoy DRIVING it. It sounds like you will.

Robert

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can relate to the excitement of going and getting the car. I drove my first one back from St. Louis to Phoenix. I think of a couple reasons to drive mine everyday also. Welcome!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the Viper!

I am headed out to AZ this week, please tell me the weather is great

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The weather is great! Perfect Viper driving weather.

What part of AZ will you be visiting? Business or pleasure?

Rob

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! :2tu:

The only way a Viper can sit in the garage is if you are lucky enough to have two of them! :D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from snowy Southern Oregon. I went out to my garage this morning and talked to my car. I said "As soon as the roads are clear you're gonna get some serious exercise". I think it smiled back at me.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you live in AZ, you did the right thing going with white instead of black! My cars would get so hot in the summer you could literally fry an egg on them.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Your color combo is not seen very often, enjoy her and drive safe :2tu:
And to join the crowd :p ..

:needpics:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome buddy! I just got my viper two weeks ago and haven't driven it once yet. I am dying to drive this thing although I do still enjoy looking at it in my garage. Like "IEATVETS" said, " you warm weather people make me sick".

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great welcomes. Yeah, the weather is definitely an advantage here. Not to rub it in, but two days ago I drove it out to lunch with my wife, in shorts and a t-shirt. Sorry guys. I'll try to post some pics soon, but they might be garage pics. I'm stuck on a project at work that has me working 7 days a week, 15 hours a day. Sick overtime that paid for this car in just 3 months, but it's killing me. I'll shoot some quick garage shots before I go to work, maybe someone will recognize the car.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the weather is definitely an advantage here. Not to rub it in, but two days ago I drove it out to lunch with my wife, in shorts and a t-shirt. Sorry guys.

Oh yeah??? Well..well...my dog can beat up your dog!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just playin. Welcome to the forums!

If you haven't done so...join the VCA! At the very least, put your VIN in your profile (only you and the admins will be able to see it), and shoot a private message to Lee00BlackSilverGTS so he can change your title from Enthusiast to Viper Owner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang