First RT/10 experience

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've known ViperFever for 2 years now. He gave me my first ride in a GTS just before I bought mine as a taste of the Viper world.
But I have always just admired his yellow 95 as it sits waiting for its yearly outing. I missed last year's drive.
However, today I got a surprise as he pulled up in the ******* yellow beauty. I grabbed my camera and we were off.
**note to self**
be sure to heed the warning label on stock Vipers with side-pipes (especially when wearing shorts)
You must be registered for see images attach

I just about took off a layer of skin when I got in and my leg touched the sill :ouch:

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had wanted to try some pics in front of the local nuclear lab near my home so we drove up there. The pics turned out ok but the sun was a little bright.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the pics, he hands me the keys and informs me that its a little stiff since it's not even broken-in yet.
We jump back in - with me driving :drive:
I rolled over the 1330 mile mark on this car. Now I know what its like to drive a brand new Viper. This car is sharp and crisp. Everything feels new.

I really enjoyed the ******* experience. It is definitely a feeling you can't get in the GTS. I love my GTS, but driving a RT/10 also is great fun and something every Viper owner should experience.

Thanks Carl for the pleasure of knowing this tremendously entertaining drive.
He really takes care of his cars and stores them properly. He drives them all (some more than others) and could never be accused of not having fun in each and every one of them.

You must be registered for see images

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim thanks for taking and posting the pictures. It was a beautiful day to take out the RT10.
I'm glad you enjoyed your drive even though you got snake bit on your leg. Carl

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are a few more

carl, you need to update your sig to include the FE
and don't worry, my leg will be cured after a drive in my GTS today ;)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one beautiful vehicle! I may be slightly biased though as I have one that looks just like it sitting in my garage at home :D

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats even better is driving one with almost 700rwhp and going WOT with the top off. Women and small children run for cover!!!

martyb

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned all 4 Gens (92,95,00,05,06 and 09) and there is something that is still very visceral to me about a Gen 1 that I don't feel with any other car. I still think there is no better angle on a Viper than the look from the rear of a Gen 1.

BTW, I have more miles on my 09 than he does on his Gen 1--can't help driving them. Had 50k on my 95. A friend has 31 on his 92!