First scratches-help!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:
Take the Viper out of the garage and drive the damm car!!! Repaint it in 5-7 years if it really bothers you. Sorry, but you sound like a Bugatti owner (beach sand
rolleyes.gif
) Damm the sand!
supergrin.gif

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

Thanks...just wanted to see if there were any tricks I wasn't aware of with Zanio. And Drive it I will !

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3-M for fine scratches then re-Zano!

The garage (with flourecent lights) is the worst place to look
at the paint.

Good luck,

2charmed

c2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can catch your fingernail on the scratches its over unless you use some kind of abrasive and then be very careful if you dull the clear coat the area will look worse. The best luck I have is filling in the scratches with either Meguires #2 polish or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze Part NO. 39007 this is like a cosmetic that fills in the scratch and then seal it in with a wax.. Jerry in Minnesota

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2charmed said it right, flourecent lights are the worst, absolutely the worst. I use, in the garage, a CLEAR 150 Watt light bulb in one of those 8-9 inch aluminum light hoods that have a spring clamp. 200 Watt is also available. This you can move around and see the reflections, and SCRATCHES, in the paint like with the sun when outdoors. Again a CLEAR light bulb.
Later,

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Coral makes an excellent Scratch Remover. It comes in a blue tube. Works great. It is very gentle, so it may take a few applications but I have yet to see it damage a finish..and I have used it many times.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Zanio boys are in inventory until 30 SEP so let me ask the Viper brotherhood...my new car cover left some very minor scratches...probably beach sand found its way underneath from wind. Initial Zanio treatment on my new GTS last Sunday...Dawn then two coats of ZFX charged Z2...car looks great but I need advice on attacking these little scratches which are now on the front bumper and lower hood near the NACA duct...tried Z5 but no effect noted.

Thanks. Paul

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a same type of scratch. Mix up a small amount of Z5 with ZFX. Put on three coats right over the area waiting 30 minutes or so between coats. Wait a day and do it again. After 6 coats..you might have a different opinion. Mine was gone and I couldn't believe it.

No need to prep it now just go over what you've done with Z5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte