First ticket in my Viper, it's all MadMan's fault....

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First ticket in my Viper, it\'s all MadMan\'s fault....

Motor City Madman and I cruise up thru Michigan and hit Grand Bend, a wild little seaside community where the population increases tenfold on long weekends with thousands of nubile chicaquitas walking the streets with next to nothing on, not sure what draws me to the area. Good food I think.....

Cruise all day, snapshots, a few rides (with one junior hottie we met at the Dragstrip that was a lucky 16, ouch, bad Ryan), hit the strip several times with no problem with the cops.

We were on the hit list from the getgo on the radio from the cops however, we crested a hill into a small town and was maybe 15 MPH over max, and the cop did a double take at two Blue Vipers whistling thru the small town on the way there. Magically, we passed 2 or 3 more cops in the next upcoming 1/2 hour, and toned down the speed a bit. Which is next to impossible to do when travelling with other Vipers I find.

Last pass at the strip in the evening, my idea, not Seans, and an elderly cop waddles out and lets Sean pass, and pulls me over in front of the entire strip and gives me the front plate lecture. I yell to Sean on the 2 way to wait up for me somewhere as I'll be a while. His response at full pop on the 2 way in front of the cop, "Got some hotties to tend to or what?"- to that effect. Grey haired elder not impressed, I believe the quote following Sean's outburst of insanity was "Your getting a ticket for no plate." Cool, my first ticket in the GTS, giving my recent high speed of 280KPH (175MPH ish) a few weeks ago, this no point transaction was rather enjoyable!!
smile.gif

Whatever, the decision to run 2 plates is so far above his entry-level position, enforce what comes down the food chain, do what ya gotta do. As he goes into his building (they pull you over right in front of their 'headquarters'), a swarm of people attack the GTS as the pass door was open as I found my papers, I'm over talking to a younger cop that I am blocking to get out on the strip. He loves the car, we talk like normal human beings minus the attitude. The old fella tugs on his trousers, ***** in his gut and goes to the drivers side of my car. I'm 20 feet over at the other cops car, with at least 15 people around the car.
I thought this would be a good time to show the cop how getting along with people is all about. A pack of three teenage guys are ogling the GTS as I walk over to the drivers side to receive my ticket, and I offer a ride to the guy that was in awe of the car.
He's trembling he's so excited, he gets in, I part the sea to get to my side, hope in and grab the ticket as an afterthought, started the car while he was still talking about something, and pulled away.

Within 2 minutes of getting my ticket I met Sean at a parking lot, another car load of admirers pull in the lot and we both do some sweet tandem burnouts out of the parking lot. I take my passenger who is near speechless to the corner and let him out, my good deed for the day instead of chasing skirts, kinda felt good.....

In summary, what's the fine in your area for no front plate, and if you get the ticket once is that a good for the day pass or if you return the attitude given can the ticket be issues multiple times in the same calendar day, kinda like the gift that keeps on giving?

I refuse to drill holes in my $15,000 Cdn fascia, and zip ties, Elmers Glue, and suction cups are not for me!

drug wars, terrorism, child abuse, although hard to fight I feel our resources should be better directed.

rant over,

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: First ticket in my Viper, it\'s all MadMan\'s fault....

Ryan, believe it or not that was not me who piped in on the radio. So many people have those FRS radios now that you get a lot of people on the same channel, especially when you are in areas of big crowds. I think there were 3 sets of people on the channel we were on.

Anyways, I guess sometimes it is a benefit to be a foreigner in a foreign land as all the cop did to me was give me a dirty look since at first he thought I had no seat belt on. This guy that passed me a block before the cop said you better put your seat belt on because there is a cop up ahead giving people tickets. I had my seat belt on as always, but people don't realize the Viper seatbelts are opposite of what most other cars are. It upsets your paradigm when you expect to see the seat belt crosssing the other way.

Great trip and tons of hotties. Must be something in the water as you said because I have never seen so many thin women that big on top, and they were real too- not like in California or elsewhere where most are fake.

Most people up there have probably never seen a Viper in person probably and to see two at one time, wow.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got pulled over two days ago for doing 63 in a 55 ?? People were passing me!! I figure its the "tax" we have to pay for owning a Viper.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a ticket in my Dodge Caravan last week. That was not as fun as your ticket. Now I have to take a driving class. I almost signed up for the Spanish version. That would have been fun.

Ron

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got my first ticket in the Viper this weekend, also for no front plate. The fine is $77 here which seems pretty steep. I gave him the true story which is that the mfr. did not provide a mounting place for plates and the dealership refused to install a front plate. He told me that no matter what, it was my problem to fix.

I'm not going to fold yet. I haven't had a front plate on any of my three vehicles for 3 years and this is the first ticket I've received. What worries me though is it was one of my local town heros and he'll probably now be looking for me. I actually drove down to the police station yesterday and surveyed the parking lot to see if I could find any of their personal cars without plates, but no luck.

Why don't bikes need front plates?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got pulled over the other day doing about 125 on the IKE. Luckly, the cop said he didn't have his radar on........lol...

mrviper99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hi genXgts; Did you say that you were in Michigan when you received your ticket? To the best of my knowledge you don't need front plates in Michigan. Lived here for 44 years, never needed one.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To answer the location question, Ryan met up with me in Michigan and then we crossed over into Canada to end up in Grand Bend, Ontario Canada which is on Lake Huron. Pretty cool place. They also have a drag strip about 2 miles away from the beach. Thank God there is no front plate required in Michigan.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Ken,

Was this in Beaverton or Tigard ?
More info please.
I've never been harassed for that.
**** pigs.
Fight it !

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yves,
It was a Tigard cop sitting at the Greenburg Rd. on-ramp on HWY 17 by Washington Square, 4:30PM on a Friday.

He did say that if I showed up at the courthouse with a plate on, the judge would wave the fine. I'll probably just pay the fine this time rather than mess with it. If I get another one quickly, I might have to rethink my logic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness