Fix for Resin odor in GTS Anyone tired this?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a bulletin from Dodge on reducing the level of resin odor in my GTS.
What they recommend is to remove the headliner and brush on Sikken AKZO
Primer Resurfacer EP #1023 and Activator #4013. Has anyone had this done
before and if so what were the results?

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew, do you have a strong resin smell in your car? When I sat in it, I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary.
I have not received this notice yet.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It got much stronger a few months ago. I had it closed up for about 3 weeks. Now I leave the windows cracked with I park it at night. It started getting a faint odor last year. Now it's pretty strong. A Viper tech looked it up for me and found this Dodge Diagnosis. Maybe now I'll reupholster the seats and paint the underside of the roof at the same time.

Jerry, the guy you met with me at that car show, just bought an 02 GTS. We’ve been talking about a cruise somewhere out to eat. You game?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder if this has anything to do with the srt??? i drive my car for a while when it gets hot it smells like resin.it really smells like the car is melting :confused:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said it only applies to the GTS. A faint smell I like, But now I have to drive with the windows down.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew, sounds good to me, just let me know where and when!
I found out about the car show at cityplace at the last minute or I would have called you. It was pre-registration only, but I talked them into letting me in at the last minute. The show is going on again today, but we are headed out on the boat today.

That stinks(literally) that your car stinks!

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use to have a strong oder in my car, especially after driving for a while, i decided to remove my converters for performance reasons and when i removed the side sills i found that the converters were touching the insulation in the sills, since removing the converters i have pretty much no smell at all anymore. Very noticable melting of the insulation.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSGERRY, It did start after a weekend at Sebring.

Thing that make you go Hmmmmmmm

Tim, the last time I went to the Cityplace car show they wouldn't let me in. It for cars 1975 and older.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about it.New car smell is a good thing.Exhaust smell is a good thing.Fine tobacco,booze,leather are good things.Passenger puking or peeing their pants is a bad thing. Bruce

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I get back from driving my GTS, my wife tells me I smell like plastic. I never really notice it though. I tell her that it's better than her smelling Chanel #5 on me after I get back. :)

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had the same problem in my GTS. The dodge dealer checked the car out a dozen times, but they never found anything. When I switched out my exhaust and cats to highflow's and corsa, the smell disappeared. Try checking the insulation between the cat and the side sill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang