Fog lamp covers, what's the history on them?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fog lamp covers, what\'s the history on them?

I've noticed earlier cars having the additional clear fog lamp covers on the fascia ports, never asked about it & just wondering was it year specific or?

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Fog lamp covers, what\'s the history on them?

Thanks guys, nice linked info, never knew it existed. ViperClub rocks. :2tu:

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reaction score

When the ACR came out and there was the option to delete the fog lamps, they decided to re-do the fascia WITHOUT the holes for the covers. Instead of making a fascia for the covers, and one for the ACR's without fog lights.....they just did away with the covers on all cars and made one fascia.

Removing them *****.....after owning my car since 99, and having cleaned behind them OFTEN....I have only partially broken one tab. :( Thats why I collect spare parts. :)

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Removing them *****.....after owning my car since 99, and having cleaned behind them OFTEN....I have only partially broken one tab. Thats why I collect spare parts. "

Echo that! I have a set on the shelf just in case.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sit on the floor in front of the drivers side fog lamp...

look for the tab at around 2 o-clock...

using your first finger on both hands, stradle the tab and pull straight down, you will have to use some force... now when you see the tab clear the hole pull both hands back just a little, just enough that the tab is now out of the hole and pulled back from the facia.

Now grab the lens cover with both hands and pull up towards the direction of the hole and rock the lens cover from left to right in small movements to dis-lodge the other tabs...

The passenger side comes off the same way but you'l want to start at the 11 o-clock tab...

to put them back in... align the lower tabs and work them back into the facia just like they came out...

now, with both hands stradle the top tab and pull down and push the lens cover back into the fog lamp area, when the
tab reaches to the hole let the lens push itself back into the tab hole....

After a couple times it gets easier and easier...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32