Fog Light/Horn problem

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted for a friend, this has me stumped. I told him to call the Wizard, but apparently the Wizard is scary to him................... :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

Okay, the foglights don't work and neither does the horn. When I press the horn or turn the foglights on, I can hear the relays working and the foglights themselves did work while driving for a bit then went back out and have not come on. Also, this is the wierd part, whenever I press my wheel for the horn, the fog light indicator on the dash comes on!!!!! Can anyone shed any light. The car did just have the fascia off as well as the hood for some realign/repaint. The guy at the shop is pretty cool and will fix anything that he may have done. I am aware that the horns are in the fascia as well. BTW i'ts a 1999 GTS. THanks!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a strange thing I found on my Gen I when the fog lights and high beams did not work. The fog lights would not work at all, the high beams came on when I pulled the lever back and held it back. Even the little blue light on the instrument panel came on.
I had the local viper tech look at it and explained this to them. Turned out it was the fuse. Did not think to check the fuse because the high beams came on when I held the lever back as did the indicator light. Never did I suspect something simple like the fuse, wound up costing me $180 to have the fuse changed.

Just a thought may check the fuse, not sure if they are on the same circuit in what ever model you are talking about.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the '99 manual, the PDC is in the engine compartment. Inside are the horn and fog relays. Are you sure that you can hear them?

The horn and fogs are on different fuses.

Otherwise, you might have a ground problem. Somehow the horn button is providing a ground for the fog indicator?