Fog Lights don't work

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drove the car for the first time at night last night. Noticed that the fog lights will not come on. When you pull the light switch is there an indicator on the dash that lights up? I did not get an owners manual when I purchased the car so I don't have a fuse block map. When I get off work today I want to check the fuses. Could someone tell me what fuse is for the fog lights. I also noticed that the door locks do not operate. There is an orange LED lit up but when you press the lever nothing happens. Could they be on the same circuit?

When the car is running are the outside door access button's disabled? My wife went to get in and the door would not open, she had to reach inside.

Thanks

1997 RT/10

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you pull the cover off the fuse panel in the engine compartment, there should be a label inside the lid showing fuse/relay locations and descriptions.

OP
OP
S

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you pull the cover off the fuse panel in the engine compartment, there should be a label inside the lid showing fuse/relay locations and descriptions.
Thanks, found the fuse and it checked out ok.. swapped out Fog Relay with Horn and horn still works so relay must be good. Pulled rubber access plug to get to fog light and checked with volt meter and still not voltage.

When I pull the light switch to activate the fog lights I do not hear any relay activity.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. It was the actual fuze socket that was the issue...not the relay. For some reason, the fuze got sloppy in the socket...vibrations or something. I had to wrap a thin piece of aluminum foil on the fuze contacts so the fuze would sit in its socket tightly. IF you want to verify this, turn your fogs on and wiggle the fuze. You will know right away if this is the issue since once the fuze makes contact, you can hear the relay and all very plainly.

OP
OP
S

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. It was the actual fuze socket that was the issue...not the relay. For some reason, the fuze got sloppy in the socket...vibrations or something. I had to wrap a thin piece of aluminum foil on the fuze contacts so the fuze would sit in its socket tightly. IF you want to verify this, turn your fogs on and wiggle the fuze. You will know right away if this is the issue since once the fuze makes contact, you can hear the relay and all very plainly.
Well, I'll be damned... That was it... Thanks..

Viper Club wins again!