For the NY Viper guys

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you do with the front licence plate? Does anyone actually mount it? Do the police ticket you or are we front plate exempt because we are so cool?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the cops can be nut busters. jon b at partsrack.com sells a bracket with a rubber clamp that mounts into the bubmer with no holes or damage to the car. this bracket can be added or removed with ease. if i see you this weekend ill shot it to you. it sells for $50

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Out here on LI they have been cool so far, never got ticket here, into the city area, NJ and up north of the city is another issue. I have gooten tickets up North NY. I carry the front lic plate under the seat just in case.

Hypntzd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had no problems in Suffolk county with no front plate. The other day in Nassau county on the way getting the car serviced I went through a road block they were checking registration and inspections and not one word from the cop about no front plate. I was a little nervous though.

I would suggest keeping the plate in the trunk with the bracket and if you get pulled over just say you forgot to put it on after going through the car wash.

p.s. none of the corvettes around here have front plates.

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get the new front plate bracket from PartsRack and keep it under your seat with the plate. If you get pulled over tell them you just got the bracket and have to mount it to the plate. If you use the "car wash" excuse you had better have a spotless car. Also, if the cop has some smarts he will know you can't take a Viper thru a carwash.
511License1-thumb.JPG