For those with 1.7 RR's

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
For those with 1.7 RR\'s

What length pushrod did you use AND...what year car and what brand RR's?

I'm thinking of installing the Harland Sharp roller rockers on my '98 GTS and need to know what length pushrods to get (thinking 7.4" or 7.5")

I know some of you will say, "be safe and measure...". Does that mean I have to partially install the RR's, then use a pushrod-length-checker? This would make a one day project into a two week project if I have to order a custom set of pushrods and wait for them to arrive - then reassemble everything. Your experiences/thoughts? Thanks!

Ted

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: For those with 1.7 RR\'s

When I installed my T&D's I got the chrome moly push rods from Arrow. I did a lot of measuring with the Viper tech and in the end it was the set from Arrow that fit best.

G

grcforce327

Lets see;got my heads back on a friday,installed them,installed the Jesels,measured the distance,called Comp Cams(they have any length)(thanks to Greg Good for the tip),ordered the size I needed,Next day air for saturday,on the car.......DONE!That was the shortest
TWO WEEKS

of my life! :D

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Yes I've already read all of the threads pertaining to this issue. And NO, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to stop the project and order pushrods. Some of you A.R. folks out there will understand - I like to have all the parts on-hand when I begin a project. There HAS to be a handful of people that have installed Harland Sharp RR's on Gen 2's.

Why go through all the hassle and homework if someone has already determined what length Harland Sharp's require on an otherwise stock '98 GTS valvetrain?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you haven't purchased the rockers yet get them from Sean Roe.He sells them all along with the correct length rods.Personaly I went with jesel and the 7.65 sent were perfect for a stock non-milled head.If you're milling then you probably will have to measure to be sure. I like to have all the right parts in hand too.So what's AR?BTW you will have to plug you're ears until the lifters pump up and it made a noticible difference in feel.The dyno said 15rwhp peak and I didn't have the old plots to know exactly what happened mid-range But I sure could feel it. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Good deal. Since Harlands' don't require milling, I figured I could get an answer here. I think 7.5 will work. With a newly-installed wet nitrous system, I figured roller rockers are the next step. Are they really THAT noisy at first?

Oh, and A.R. would be Anal Retentive :D

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have a 93 RT/10... I ordered the push rods and Harland Sharp RR from Roe Racing and everything worked perfectly.

Not really that noisy, but then again I added the supercharger and lots of other things at the same time.

Just make sure that you get someone that knows what they are doing to do the install... I had two people that work on race trucks everyday do my install and it still took a day or two to get everything adjusted properly.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you have ther heads off the car, like some of you posted, you can order the exact length pushrods you need right off the bat. As I understand it, it's the differences in deck height (right term?) between heads that causes this variation. That's why the original instructions for T&D's will say to measure the distance from the face of the head to the rocker boss and mill accordingly. This was before all these aftermarket pushrod lengths came out.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Read the link, the whole link....its all there for H-S, the part numbers, the correct length, a place you can buy them, photos installed, everything. No guessing, no mistakes, just R-E-A-D the link.

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Hey YANKEE, yes I R-E-A-D your post on Harland Sharps. It's great and full of information. Thank you AGAIN for referring me to it.

There's just one question - what length pushrods for my '98 GTS? You said you're using 7.5". Thank you. I don't know what year your car is, and I figured Gen 1/2 and forged/cast motors might be slightly different. Just trying to cover my bases.

Maybe I'll go re-read your post for the 7th time in case I missed something :D

D

DAMN YANKEE

Just got off the phone with Sean Roe (other business) and asked for your benefit. Your car, a 1998 GTS will take the 7.5". You can order from them and if you set them up and for some reason think you need the very rare 7.55", he will gladly send those out on exchange.

He is confident about this. Read the prior sentence 8 times, please. JK.

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Awesome! That's what I had hoped. Thanks for taking the time to ask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4